Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to announce the truth about Dale Stephens.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think it's more of a case our valuation hasn't been met. Clubs will now start to get desperate.

This year more than most i suspect will get very lively in the last hours of deadline day...can't wait to be honest.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As far as I'm aware the only club who have put bids in for him have been Burnley and they've now brought an alternative. If he's going where the f u c k is he going???

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In other words 'classic Lizard playing poker in transfer market' as I said... TB is a cut above the rest.

Sorry misread your question. You are right. Bloom keeping his cards close despite picking up 1pt from two away games with this Stephens thing dragging on.It's costing us on the field

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nonsense. Complete nonsense. Norwood looked great. Sid was good. Kayal was better later on. Stephens was missed, though, but because he wasn't there, not because the three aforementioned stood there crying and weeing and everything went to bollocks as a consequence :shrug:

I would like to see a partnership of SM & BK, might work?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Is the key point for me. How can there be any way back for a player who by all accounts has cost us points whichever way you look at it? He may not have refused to play, but he has let himself be distracted enough that CH feels pressured to bed-in other options and plan ahead without him. Norwood is a good option but not a suitable replacement, and we haven't even been playing him, we've played Sidwell. I like Sidwell, but let's be honest, how can we honestly compare him to an in-his-prime Stephens whose partnership with Kayal was the key factor in our success last season?

I'm a bit disappointed it has dragged on this far and has detrimentally affected us in 2 league matches, one being a big game against promotion rivals.

S**t happens. We were incredibly lucky last season to get a full squad before pre season and that DS/BK struck up a fantastic working relationship on DS return from injury. These things don't happen too often and don't last long when they do. Forget last season, we have to move on, quickly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My thinking was announce whatever is happening to him, before the transfer window shuts, either we sell him or get a chance to bring other players in to strengthen.
And just how would telling you/us all the details facilitate any of the outcomes? It wouldn't.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As you have already mentioned, it's satisfying my curiosity and frustrations as an Albion fan :thumbsup:

Right Knocky Dale and Kayal sold for £23m Weds...happy. :jester:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I think the club should do what they think is best for the club. I don't need to be told everything.

Because presumably a Stephens with his head elsewhere was still better than the alternative backup player on the bench.

Look at how Duffy played with all of our speculation ( which he admitted turned his head) tricky times for club and player. My guess is he will be sold and replaced by close of play Wed.

Jul 7, 2003
Believe me, if Palace had put a bid in, this place would be crawling with their fans, and so would Twitter.

Sky talked about Burnley and Palace sniffing around Stephens in their coverage so surprised they haven't given their obsession with NSC

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sky talked about Burnley and Palace sniffing around Stephens in their coverage so surprised they haven't given their obsession with NSC

I think their awful results, and losing Bolassie have quietened them down a bit, apart from the really tiresome ones who come on here to relieve their tedious lives.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ask Lewis Dunk who did refuse to play last season. And was effectively dropped or not used by Hughton until he signed a new contract. Which he then did.

Well aware of the Dunk saga. I just feel it didn't weaken us as much then as lacking Stephens has now. From memory, we were picking up some good results with GG and Uwe in his absence. Yes ofc there will be a way back for him it's entirely possible, I was more wondering how it will sit with us all having arguably cost us points in his absence at the start of a promotion pushing season.

For the record, I am Stephens' biggest fan, would absolutely love him to stay and have remained entirely positive until he did not make an appearence yesterday.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If he doesn't want to play for us or his head has been turned he should just piss off as soon as possible. We need players that want to turn out for the club and give their best in every game not money seeking bar stewards.

Sorry but that's a pretty dumb or pretty naive comment. They are all playing for money or don't you realize that! As for the OP, surely the situation is that another club are apparently interested and trying to prise him away and the Albion are trying to retain him. From Stephens point of view, it can't be easy when you have to weigh up moving for a much higher salary or staying at a club where the higher salary is only a potential, subject to promotion.

I can understand why the club play their cards close to their chest, as they always do and I prefer it that way. I hate to seem them pandering to the insecurities of a few fans.

Come 11:30pm on Wed, we'll know where we stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here