Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Time magazine's Person of the Year

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Riiight.

So you don't know the criteria then?
I've explained it to you over a couple of posts.

It's the Person of the Year - The person who, in Time Magazine's opinion, epitomizes the year.
There's nothing more to it than that.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
This is why she's used as a poster girl. Try to criticise what she says or that she's a sock puppet for vested interests and all they have to say is, "Oh, my God, you're bullying a poor innocent child" and that's the end of the argument.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not on the climate train but hard to imagine that anyone else reached more people than Greta this year, so pretty logical pick I guess.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If anyone wants to have a whinge and swipe, ask yourself why you didn't complain when Trump was awarded this. Although it is a pretty meaningless crown.

It's not an achievement award. The criteria is "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year"

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why hasn’t Bruno won it?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's not an achievement award. The criteria is "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year"

I don't know the criteria they use, but the impression I get is that they would you used "influence" is right. Who has influenced the world the most in the year.

It's the only criteria in which you could have Greta and Adolf winning the same award.

I'm hoping Nancy Pelosi wins it next year

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Surely Greta should have won child of the year, and left an adult to win the person of the year.

Given previous winners such as Hitler Stalin and Trump maybe someone like Farage or Johnson would be more worthy winners.

No these days they have a separate award for "C*** of the year". Apparently.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Anyway, if it were down to me then Barry from Eastenders would already have won it three times and got to keep the trophy.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
She's a silly child with no experience of anything who is being manipulated by her parents. Very surprised that Time is so gullible.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This is why she's used as a poster girl. Try to criticise what she says or that she's a sock puppet for vested interests and all they have to say is, "Oh, my God, you're bullying a poor innocent child" and that's the end of the argument.

She's a silly child with no experience of anything who is being manipulated by her parents. Very surprised that Time is so gullible.

Shame she’s being used as a puppet.

So you freely admit you have no idea what you're on about, and are happy to broadcast that fact...?

Got you. Thanks.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
may be the criteria is most air miles clocked up without actually flying.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't know the criteria they use, but the impression I get is that they would you used "influence" is right. Who has influenced the world the most in the year.

It's the only criteria in which you could have Greta and Adolf winning the same award.

I'm hoping Nancy Pelosi wins it next year

I copied the quote from Wiki but the actual wording from Time is “the person or persons who most affected the news and our lives, for good or ill, and embodied what was important about the year.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here