Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tim Vickery

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just heard him on SSN doing a round up of potential South American player transfers, and whilst there was nothing linking us directly, he said he was "absolutely staggered" that nobody had come in from the PL for "Andre" the Brazilian CM who he said was one of the best players on the continent, likening him to a young Javier Mascarano, says hes a star of the Brazilian league and is a full starter for the Brazil national team (no doubt will know Joao Pedro too).

Must confess I hadnt heard of him, but he looks small and skillfull, a bit of Gilmour and a bit of Facu. still just 22.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just heard him on SSN doing a round up of potential South American player transfers, and whilst there was nothing linking us directly, he said he was "absolutely staggered" that nobody had come in from the PL for "Andre" the Brazilian CM who he said was one of the best players on the continent, likening him to a young Javier Mascarano, says hes a star of the Brazilian league and is a full starter for the Brazil national team (no doubt will know Joao Pedro too).

Must confess I hadnt heard of him, but he looks small and skillfull, a bit of Gilmour and a bit of Facu. still just 22.

Another FM24 beast. I think Fulham and Liverpool have been linked with him before.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Linked heavily with Fulham and previously a bit with Liverpool. Profile fits and potentially better defensively than what we have. Baleba was the defensive CM signing we went for and suspect we'll play the long game with him rather than signing competition for now. Might change in the summer if De Zerbi is still here and still doesn't think he's quite up to it.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

I seem to remember Wet sham were looking.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I seem to remember Wet sham were looking.
He mentioned previous "false starts" with West Ham and Fulham, purely speculating (as I havent a clue), I wonder if its one of those complicated player ownership structures?..... that we're actually quite good at resolving!

He looks a decent player at a good age, Vickery was waxing lyrical about him

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If Tim says he's good then sign him up. Given a choice, surely a stint at Brighton would be preferable for him than Fulham, knowing that once you make the grade we would sell at a huge profit whilst not stopping the lad from moving up. Not sure what Fulhams like for selling players rather than keep them.
Then again, if we haven't purchased him yet there must be a reason.
PS not being mentioned doesn't mean we're not interested.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Vickery is superb. He said caicedo would be a brilliant purchase for us just before we signed him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Andre performs a similar function to Billy Gilmour, and I don't see them working as a pair. However, he is the sort of player I could see RDZ signing if either he or Gilmour left the Albion.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Was quite a few rumours going around that he was going to Liverpool, West Ham or Manchester United. Would imagine he'll get a big move in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here