Tim Sherwood

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
because he knows he hasnt got the ability without a massive safety net of staff to fall back on, which he wont get here

Yes i believe as with all jobs he was interviewed about he wants his own backroom team with him. Personally i would give it to him although i doubt he would get them as Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand now oversee youth football and recruitment at QPR so they may not be available and we would not want to have to pay QPR for them. So he may take the job on and just be stuck with Jones. If Tim came in I think he needs to recruit his own team or coaches and assistants.
Sami without this has no one to turn to in the tough times and its been obvious from the start he needed an experienced head next to him.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Obviously id take pretty much any manager at the moment. We cannot get any worse than what we have already, however I'm not convinced Tim Sherwood is the answer. We need someone who knows the championship. We cant keep taking punts on young up and coming managers. We need someone with experience to steady the ship. If TS was hired i would support him however i would much rather someone who knows this league inside out.

I would also add, I would want someone who has been a manager for more than 28 games.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yes i believe as with all jobs he was interviewed about he wants his own backroom team with him. Personally i would give it to him although i doubt he would get them as Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand now oversee youth football and recruitment at QPR so they may not be available and we would not want to have to pay QPR for them. So he may take the job on and just be stuck with Jones. If Tim came in I think he needs to recruit his own team or coaches and assistants.
Sami without this has no one to turn to in the tough times and its been obvious from the start he needed an experienced head next to him.

I think Sir Les and Chris would be allowed to leave free if an opportunity arose

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If this does happen I would just like to give a friendly bit of advice to my fellow Albion fans.

If you were on of those people who used to be deeply upset every time Poyet used to actually give his opinions in interviews rather than generic quotes to satisfy the fans (ie I want to be at this club forever), then don't even tempt yourself to listen to Sherwood interviews. His bluntness will really cause you issues so best to stay clear.

:lolol:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think Sir Les and Chris would be allowed to leave free if an opportunity arose

I hope so. If he comes hopefully they will come as well. As a package the 3 of them may turn this around. I feel managers always need a team of people they know and can trust with them. Sami has not got this as he badly needs someone. If The club do the right thing and let Sami go they need to get the right team of coaches around the next manager.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If this does happen I would just like to give a friendly bit of advice to my fellow Albion fans.

If you were on of those people who used to be deeply upset every time Poyet used to actually give his opinions in interviews rather than generic quotes to satisfy the fans (ie I want to be at this club forever), then don't even tempt yourself to listen to Sherwood interviews. His bluntness will really cause you issues so best to stay clear.

Lets hope Mr Sherwood if he does arrive, has learnt to bite his tongue as bit ...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There is some serious briefing, counter briefing and mis-information going on here. For once NSC's Proper Writers and Andy Naylor seem to be in agreement that Sami will be given (even) more time. The nationals - The Mirror, Talksport and Sky - are all saying Sherwood in. You have to wonder who is briefing whom for what reason.

It's certainly no fun being on the outside looking in. As the OP says Pete O'Rourke is never wrong. He will only tweet when he's certain which is why he's such a good follow. But then Bozza is hardly every wrong either and has a direct link to the club via "Insider".

Akkk! It's all so confusing!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

All i would want from Tim is for him to come in and say I can get you out of this mess and achieve it. If he does that then he can say whatever he likes.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
There is some serious briefing, counter briefing and mis-information going on here. For once NSC's Proper Writers and Andy Naylor seem to be in agreement that Sami will be given (even) more time. The nationals - The Mirror, Talksport and Sky - are all saying Sherwood in. You have to wonder who is briefing whom for what reason.

It's certainly no fun being on the outside looking in. As the OP says Pete O'Rourke is never wrong. He will only tweet when he's certain which is why he's such a good follow. But then Bozza is hardly every wrong either and has a direct link to the club via "Insider".

Akkk! It's all so confusing!

If nothing else the fact Peter O'Rourke is tweting about someone else being in the frame for our managers job suggests the board are looking elsewhere...
What he says is normally right (although he says Sherwood is only in the frame)..
iF NOTHING ELSE Peter

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
like Hyypia?

as compared to poyet who had been a manager for none?

We are in a very different situation now, we are a league higher and in a fight to stay in it. Poyet was a gamble that worked.

SH had managed more games but was still a gamble for other reasons. It hasn't worked out, but i think we need to replace him with someone with experience of the championship and overall management experience. TS doesn't have that for me, however, SH needs to go.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If nothing else the fact Peter O'Rourke is tweting about someone else being in the frame for our managers job suggests the board are looking elsewhere...
What he says is normally right (although he says Sherwood is only in the frame)..
iF NOTHING ELSE Peter

I found the timing nuanced. The Mirror and Alan Brazil already told us he was "in the frame". Why would Sky need to be the third to tweet something already in the public domain.

What this says to me (and this is ONLY my opinion) is that the club will not sack Sami but that Sami himself is on the verge of having had enough. With a potential replacement in the can I am guessing this time that TB will "reluctantly" accept it.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I found the timing nuanced. The Mirror and Alan Brazil already told us he was "in the frame". Why would Sky need to be the third to tweet something already in the public domain.

What this says to me (and this is ONLY my opinion) is that the club will not sack Sami but that Sami himself is on the verge of having had enough. With a potential replacement in the can I am guessing this time that TB will "reluctantly" accept it.
I think it's a case of 'I'll walk if you see me right financially'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports