Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Sherwood NEW boss at Swindon

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Odd.

Surely they could've found a better club than Swindon?

They did. Original target was Nottingham Forrest and they were in advanced discussions to take over in the summer but Fawaz wanted to maintain a 20% stake and also still remain as chairman, so talks broke down.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Sherwood told a press conference earlier: “I’ve had other offers but it’s an interesting project I’ve had a close eye on for four years since I started loaning players to this club. I’ve had a lot of discussions with a lot of clubs but I’m happy to be sat here".

I wonder whether he sends himself Valentines cards.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The man's an utter clown, seems to value 'passion' above any sort of real managerial nous, whilst talking as if he's already had an immensely successful career. If he had been appointed as a PL boss as a foreign manager, people would've been rightly baffled due to his lack of...well, anything really. He's done nothing to shake that perception as far as I'm concerned. Clown.

I truly hope he fails miserably at everything he tries to achieve in the game[/QUOTE]

Well perhaps not but maybe he should think about starting on a somewhat more realistic level, RM will come calling in due course.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Well perhaps not but maybe he should think about starting on a somewhat more realistic level, RM will come calling in due course.

No no, I really do want him to fail miserably. It's not a nice thing to say/want but I just find him unbearably smug.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Wierdest appointment ever.

Sherwood is Director of Football. Makes the decisions and picks the team apparently every week. Immune from being sacked if things don't work out

Their head coach. Does all the work. Goes out in the cold winters mornings and does all the work on the training ground and sits in the background and lets Sherwood take all the plaudits in the Press if they do well but accepts that he will be the whipping boy and get sacked if they don't do well.

No wonder Sherwood didn't want to take many other jobs. He has been waiting for this sort of position to come up where he can be a hero but in the same breath be free of any criticism. Great job if you can get it. Reminds me of Davit Pleat and Damien Commoli

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
"Good LITTLE club"!....or "Nice LITTLE club"...I can't recall exactly which one he used to describe us when he was in the frame for coming here before we opted for Hughton (thank goodness)!!
Smug prick....highly overrated anyway and strangely lacking in offers from "BIG" clubs for him to manage right now!
We had a lucky escape there I think!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here