Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tim Martin - what goes around.....

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
It’s not all down to Brexit but anyone who thinks 24,000 less delivery drivers in the U.K. is helping, is just being silly.

Transport Intelligence latest report (yesterday) says the EU is short of almost 400,000 HGV drivers. Here in Spain alone the press reports claim Spain is short of 20,000.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Transport Intelligence latest report (yesterday) says the EU is short of almost 400,000 HGV drivers. Here in Spain alone the press reports claim Spain is short of 20,000.

Yep. Shortage all over. So not a great time to have 24,000 drivers leave the U.K.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
they havent, just cant get Carling or Coors.

And closures for Nandos, empty shelves at Tescys and so on and so on.

Meanwhile plenty of good quality craft ale in my local last night and good stocks in my butcher and greengrocers and out for a local seafood meal tomorrow. Bit pricier that stuff though. It's almost like someone somewhere has shot themselves in the foot.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We did too in the mid-80’s, as an occasional break from Brighton’s clubs.

By then it was called The Dance Factory. We nicknamed it The Fight Factory, because every night there was the sound of smashing (real) glasses and bouncers fighting people in the car park :ohmy:

Yes mid 80's for me as well

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If catches it, then at least he’ll know it’s British Covid and none of this foreign muck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I catch it I’d like one of the exotic strains, like the Indian one. Knowing my luck I’d get ****ing Kent.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Wetherspoons is designed for a certain market. If you don't like it, then why do you drink there and spend your life moaning about it. Are you stupid or what?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wetherspoons is designed for a certain market. If you don't like it, then why do you drink there and spend your life moaning about it. Are you stupid or what?

I don’t moan about it, I mock and sneer. There’s a difference.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Nobody is particularly moaning about the pubs are they? Just saying how it’s shot itself in the foot.
I’ll pop into certain Wetherspoons from time to time. Happy to use the one at The Marina and there’s a couple in London I have been to and would to into again. Sometimes get a breakfast in one before a walk, if it’s on the way Most of them are pretty grim though.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I've been boycotting his pubs for ages so couldn't care less about whether they have beer or not.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

I don't think that's the point of the thread, but grateful for the advice anyhow....:)

D

Deleted member 22389

Quite right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Been to a fair few of his pubs over the years. Some much better than others. The town centre ones in buildings never built as pubs, with no natural light or ventilation (like the one in George Street) are horrendous places, but equally I can think of some, like the converted Opera House in Tunbridge Wells, or the one in Exeter with the amazing Orangery that have revived beautiful old buildings.

And contrary to the popularly espoused notion, the clientele is far from homogenous - the 'typical' 10am drinkers club do exist of course - but they're not all like that. The Exeter one above, for example, is almost exclusively full of middle-class students.

So, for me, I'd take them as I find them, as individual pubs, rather than as an identikit chain.

t least I would, if Tim Martin had not proven himself over the last 5 years to be an utter, utter ****, who won't be getting a penny more of my cash, to prop up his business, as it crumbles under self-inflicted damage. The ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here