Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Coe. Palace chief scout defects to the Albion.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
So, from my reading of the article he needs to be a fully qualified lawyer to be able to make a cogent argument for breaching FFP... right? :moo:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway. Looking forward to the arrival of the Palace spanners to tell us unequivocally how crap this lad is.

They may have a point, actually. Even us non-Palace, non-expert types could see Campaña was going to fit in at Selhurst about as well as Louis Spence at the Westboro Baptist Church Christmas disco.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yeah, that's what I mean. If you want to be a solicitor, why are you pursuing jobs as a scout, is what I'm getting at?

Is he going to join us then quit in a couple of years to become a legal eagle (ugh!)?

What would you rather do - Sit in an office pushing pens, or potentially travel the globe watching footie AND getting paid for it?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My Neighbour is a scout for the Albion, he started off, doing under 16s and moved onto development squad and occasionally now he has been asked to watch a few potential first team players, more often than not along the south coast.

I guess a lot of scouts are also freelance to a degree as he has also done work for Southampton and a few other teams.

Anyway also good to see we are progressing behind the scenes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's come here to learn from the master.

***puts tin hat on and now running for the hills***

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
By his own description he trawls the internet using a scouting programme sitting in an office making notes with a pen

OK fair enough!

Heheh...not much of a globetrotter then!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If he's a decent scout and a lawyer, he will probably end up a player agent/manager. And why wouldn't you, a couple of decent deals and you could almost retire.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
With our top grading for our training facilities I would imagine that our scouting for youngsters at other clubs will now step up.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It doesn't really. He has been training to be a solicitor alongside his scouting activities.

Ignore me hadn't read the independent article.

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
28 seems a bit young for a scout to me. You almost expect them to be middle aged.

You could have pointed out that he has been out injured for the last eight years. It would have added a tinge of humour to your morose façade and just maybe a few people would have started noticing you as the "Mr Negative" character of the board, instead of the skim read dull drone.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Anyway. Looking forward to the arrival of the Palace spanners to tell us unequivocally how crap this lad is.

They may have a point, actually. Even us non-Palace, non-expert types could see Campaña was going to fit in at Selhurst about as well as Louis Spence at the Westboro Baptist Church Christmas disco.
You're welcome, Edna.

I don't think many fans at SP were really sure of Tim Coe's role, particularly after Iain Moody joined. He apparently grew disillusioned with his reducing duties under Pulis. Unable to make any impact on the PL, I guess a role at a club which does like to employ people in unnecessary roles on high wages, Brighton does seem like a good fit.

However, I'm sure he was personally requested by Sami, who will in no way feel his input into transfer matters at the club has been even further reduced, and any talk of yet another manager being marginalised by the Barber clique is poppycock.

Feel free to ignore the issues at hand and instead verbally abuse me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You're welcome, Edna.

I don't think many fans at SP were really sure of Tim Coe's role, particularly after Iain Moody joined. He apparently grew disillusioned with his reducing duties under Pulis. Unable to make any impact on the PL, I guess a role at a club which does like to employ people in unnecessary roles on high wages, Brighton does seem like a good fit.

However, I'm sure he was personally requested by Sami, who will in no way feel his input into transfer matters at the club has been even further reduced, and any talk of yet another manager being marginalised by the Barber clique is poppycock.

You're a tw@t and your team is shit.

:thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You're welcome, Edna.

You one eyed streak of piss loving shite filled cod shaking whore sniffing dull football addicted dilapidated stadium fancying croydon smeg scraping crap face!

Hope this helps.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You're welcome, Edna.

I like this post lots; even though it's obvious tripe, it's well written and very funny. So I'mma give it a thumbs up.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You're welcome, Edna.

I feel compelled to pull apart this absolute pomposity of a posting from the most pompous of Palace trolls.

1. Palace fans not sure of Tim Cole's role after Moody joined.

He was the chief scout, Moody is director of football. I suggest that most football fans don't struggle with seeing the difference between the roles. Maybe Palace fans are a bit thick, the ones I know personally aren't though. Maybe it's just you.

2. Apparently grew disillusioned with his reducing role under Pulis.

..but Pulis has already left because of disillusionment with your chairman who personally chose Coe. Surely his Palace mojo should be sky high after seeing his nemesis leave. From the most basic of facts it would appear that Coe and Parish are on the same wavelength. Maybe you're just pulling ideas out of your arse in lieu of not actually knowing what the real story is.

3. Unable to make an impact on the Premiership.

He's only been in position since Feb '13. And it looks like he has had an impact seeing as he identified loads of players for Holloway (who signed them all) and then you subsequently stayed up. I'd say that's making an impact. What calibre of player do you expect him to sign?

4. Brighton like to employ people on unnecessarily high wages.

Do you have any proof of this? Our Chief Exec is paid a lot but as with all businesses the vast majority is bonus related and set according to targets. Elsewhere, everyone else in the world knows we are struggling to get people into the club because of our commitment to meeting FFP requirements. It rather suggests we actually pay necessarily lower wages and you're once again talking out of your arse.

5. Did Sami personally request Coe?

I have no idea, I know you have no idea either. I'm sure Sami met him to discuss the kind of players he's after and for what system. Other than that did Sami have anyone else in mind? Did Sami ask Tony to get a new chief scout in? Is Coe this person? Is Sami happy about this? Let's cut to the chase here. You haven't a scooby and in lieu of facts are shit-stirring. Typical Palace troll. Typical you.

So, these are the issues are they? I think the bigger issue is a bloke in America who never goes to any games of an English team, spending his sleeping hours trolling that team's rival board. Sad man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here