Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tiki Tactics

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
............. and one more pundit/analyst comes up with the idea that we played 4-3-3 last season .......................

But we did at least for the 2019 part of the season.

Sure it looked like 1-9-1 but they're not likely to write that.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I wish there was less commentary on our tactics. Couldn't help think we took Watford by surprise but there are numerous pieces of content on how we played for upcoming teams to digest and plan for.

Pep: "Guys, how are we going to deal with Brighton?"
Coach A: "No idea boss, we are all bricking it!"
Coach B: ***Runs in waving a piece of paper*** "Boss! Boss! Have you seen Football Whispers?!"
Pep: "This is GOLD. Good work lad. Was bricking it for a minute there! Phew!"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Highest possession, highest passing percentage by some distance. 7th for shots per game. All very encouraging, but it didn't get them into the playoffs, so I wonder what didn't work so well at Swansea last season?

Their squad was completely decimated, by a combination of sales and injuries, I believe.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Highest possession, highest passing percentage by some distance. 7th for shots per game. All very encouraging, but it didn't get them into the playoffs, so I wonder what didn't work so well at Swansea last season?

Swans were nearly lowest at winning aerial battles too - don't think we will have that problem!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Their squad was completely decimated, by a combination of sales and injuries, I believe.

Yeah, they sold 16 players and bought 5 that season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Interesting video, but I wish the guy would speak clearly. Without the sub-titles he would have been very difficult to understand. He needs to speak more slowly and enunciate his words clearly.

I think we were the worst team on defensive set pieces. Not because we were badly organised but because of the high prevalence of dwarfs and the fact that keeper Nordfeldt is completely shit in the aerial space. Also having a squad with 15-16 Championship class players with the rest being League One level at best didnt help us either.

I wish there was less commentary on our tactics. Couldn't help think we took Watford by surprise but there are numerous pieces of content on how we played for upcoming teams to digest and plan for.
GP isn't exactly coy about his tactics. Whilst at Östersunds he made this video which was so detailed, he lost me half way through :lolol:

https://youtu.be/sfW_BSsChp4

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Against top six side we could go for a false nine so to speak and break at pace with Maupay and Ali J in the wide roles - certainly won't be back to the wall like Wolves away last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here