Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TIFO and big flags

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Didnt see the big RDZ flag go across the North which was a shame

Perhaps we need to up our levels a bit perhaps a decent TIFO (most teams can organise these, even palace! Look at the villa away europa game, incredible scenes)

And maybe some giant flags? You can be sure newcastle put on a great display and Forest away last season was a sight to behold

Who's up for a megaphone and drum now?

We can definitely create good noise but feels like we have more!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Perhaps we need to up our levels a bit perhaps a decent TIFO (most teams can organise these, even palace! Look at the villa away europa game, incredible scenes)

And maybe some giant flags? You can be sure newcastle put on a great display and Forest away last season was a sight to behold

We had a giant Dick Knight flag, and Youd be amazed at the number of Brighton fans who moaned about 1min of waving it before KO. Design and pay for one yourself and see.England is not a place for flags, at least Brighton isn’t. Unless it’s organised by club in that horrible PL plastic Arsenal Chelsea etc way where the home team scores a goal and those paid “fans” by the pitch stand up and wave them for 10secs. Cringeworthy!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

No thank you. We tried all the razzmatazz, willy waving, whizz bangery before and it failed, as it should do. Let the over-emotional, man-baby, Mediterraneans have their fun.

Not for me.

If I wanted poorly done, enthusiastic but laughable U.S style entertainment, I’d take a trip back to 1993 and go and watch The London Monarchs.

A rousing chorus of GOSBTS and a good game of football are all I need.

Please and thank you.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
AEK with their well organised noisy Poznan……we respond with a round of “we love you Brighton”

They organise every member of the away stand singing the same song, we respond by having each of our stands sing different songs !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No thank you. We tried all the razzmatazz, willy waving, whizz bangery before and it failed, as it should do. Let the over-emotional, man-baby, Mediterraneans have their fun.

Not for me.

If I wanted poorly done, enthusiastic but laughable U.S style entertainment, I’d take a trip back to 1993 and go and watch The London Monarchs.

A rousing chorus of GOSBTS and a good game of football are all I need.

Please and thank you.
👍

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
To save just about everybody else having to look it up as well...

'TIFO is the phenomenon whereby tifosi of a sports team makes a visual display of any choreographed flag, sign or banner in the stands of a stadium, mostly as part of an association football match.'
Tifo is Italian and refers to typhus fever, whiich can cause an outbreak of delerium in those who suffer from it. Those who form tifos are called tifosi, which is the Italian word meaning those infected with typhus.
It is a deliberate choice of words as tifosi, are said to be in a delighted frenzy when their team wins or scores.

everyday is a schoolday

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
AEK with their well organised noisy Poznan……we respond with a round of “we love you Brighton”

They organise every member of the away stand singing the same song, we respond by having each of our stands sing different songs !
Can’t even organise the same song in the one stand. North stand regularly sings different songs as the middle rarely seems to initiate anything.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
To save just about everybody else having to look it up as well...

'TIFO is the phenomenon whereby tifosi of a sports team makes a visual display of any choreographed flag, sign or banner in the stands of a stadium, mostly as part of an association football match.'
Posts like these remind me how old the overall demographic of this place is 😀

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here