Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tier Two for most of England

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What incentive is there to follow the rules when the consequence is always more lockdown?

because if people had been following the rules, would have lower infection rates and restrictions wouldnt have been necessary. or, the virus is more infectious that supposed and we need more restrictions. but we pretty much know how infectious it is, so have to conclude spread is due to people not following the basic rules.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes I see that everyday with people in cars driving faster than they should....we must ban those pesky cars

Isn’t that what people on here love to call ‘whataboutery ?’
If we use the logic of your example that means we can never take steps to deal with infectious diseases until cars are banned. Winchester wouldn’t have been locked down when the mad Russian poisoners were about because, what the hell, there are still cars on the road and those things are dangerous.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I wouldn't be surprised if the club don't bother about letting anyone in with only 2000 fans allowed in. Every game will operate at a loss, with the added costs of stewarding etc. regardless of the chaos of who does and doesn't get a place.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wouldn't be surprised if the club don't bother about letting anyone in with only 2000 fans allowed in. Every game will operate at a loss, with the added costs of stewarding etc. regardless of the chaos of who does and doesn't get a place.

Pretty certain Barber stated whatever size crowd the club want fans back

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Isn’t that what people on here love to call ‘whataboutery ?’
If we use the logic of your example that means we can never take steps to deal with infectious diseases until cars are banned. Winchester wouldn’t have been locked down when the mad Russian poisoners were about because, what the hell, there are still cars on the road and those things are dangerous.

Tbh ...I just threw it in....it’s pretty obvious that quite a lot of people on here (maybe me included) have entrenched views over what they think is the right and wrong thing to do ........anyway I could go on..but I’m not as it’s not worth churning over all the old ground.

Have a great day ..I’ll go back to trying to stick to football

Ps it’s been quite a year for new buzzwords

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is absolutely no way the club will offer up no fans.

This isn't about losing money, this is first step back to making money, again.

I'll also Eden a guess those lucky enough to return will be spending money like sailors on shore leave.
It won't come close to plugging the gap but nevertheless it will come as a pleasant surprise.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There is absolutely no way the club will offer up no fans.

This isn't about losing money, this is first step back to making money, again.

I'll also Eden a guess those lucky enough to return will be spending money like sailors on shore leave.
It won't come close to plugging the gap but nevertheless it will come as a pleasant surprise.

Oh that’s a good one

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Tbh ...I just threw it in....it’s pretty obvious that quite a lot of people on here (maybe me included) have entrenched views over what they think is the right and wrong thing to do ........anyway I could go on..but I’m not as it’s not worth churning over all the old ground.

Have a great day ..I’ll go back to trying to stick to football

Same to you. TBH the tier restrictions, potential ticket binfests and maths behind the balloting are proving more interesting than the football at the moment !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Agreed. What's the point. Stay at home, get the infection rate down blah blah. Do that, below their 'threshold' of 100 per 100k, yet still placed into essentially the same lockdown as we have now. People will run out of patience unfortunately and I expect it will get out of control again by Christmas

Some of us already have and I have already broken the current/previous rules a few times. It's getting very silly now - there really isn't any science behind these rules - just guess work.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Yes Paul Barber said essentially they will have to run it as a loss leader. It’s all about proving they can get fans back in and pushing for bigger numbers than waiting

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
FFS tier 2 here in Lyme despite having less than 70 cases oer 100k locally. Pubs stay shut.

:nono:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Hopefully some genius in SAGE, PHE etc can explain why, in most of the South-east, cases have continued to rise in Week 3 of the latest full lockdown.

Not in any of those agencies quoted, sorry, but from my local experiences you may blame the muppet's who continue to disregard the rules and carry on their selfish ways regarding mask wearing, social distancing, continued ignorance as regarding meeting up/visiting other households etc etc.
Rules should be made and obeyed not just the ones that suit at the time then disregarding them / ignoring them when convenient. hope this helps.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Nice day in Cornwall :whistle:

1606394508429.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ah **** em. They don't know what they're doing. I shall continue as I see fit. I'm in Adur region and we still have this bullshit. Nah, I'll do what I please now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here