Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tier Two for most of England

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Can someone care to explain why one week after exiting a 2 week lockdown, Northern Ireland is going back into another 2 week lockdown from today?
View attachment 130852

The simple version is that NI has a power sharing arrangement and all parties EXCEPT the biggest party(DUP) wanted to extend the previous lockdown - DUP objected. However they later relented so a major cock-up has ensued.

I think that’s essentially it

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If anyone thinks they have it bad, imagine lockdown while living with someone with dementia who doesn't understand covid at all, doesn't understand lockdowns or tier restrictions, refuses to wear a mask so can't be taken anywhere, doesn't understand why her best friend won't come in the house for a chat, and suffers panic attacks everytime you leave her on her own in the house because you have to go food shopping or pick up a prescription.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Confirmation this evening that those of us living in tier 2 must leave the pub/restaurant immediately after finishing our substantial meal. To enforce this many establishments will put a timer clock in customers tables to endure stipulation.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Yes, but they can’t set the tiers by town. Everyone would simply travel 5 minutes to adjacent places that are open.

It’s looking promising across Sussex though with Worthing being the lowest

Brighton and Hove for example

4cbf28d432af76dd81e0639967cb0106.jpg

Yoda

English & European
Yes, but they can’t set the tiers by town. Everyone would simply travel 5 minutes to adjacent places that are open.

West Sussex, Brighton & Hove both also in the lowest 5 or 6 Counties/Unitary Authorities in England too and rate still heading down. East Sussex a bit behind but also heading in the same way.

Hampshire also not far behind West Sussex and heading in the right direction.

Feel they decided on what places should be in what tiers two weeks prematurely and failed to give the lockdown enough time to see where we would be coming out of it.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Enjoy your tier two life...not jealous one bit here in Bristol.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I get and completely agree with the sympathetic 'damned if they do, damned if they don't - these are unprecedented times' olive branch to Boris..
Well I would completely agree if the government weren't constantly picking the box containing 1p.

Tonight's 5 Live news at 7pm.

'Government warned of lockdown in new year'.
'Johnson to give Commons another Tier vote, to hold off back bench rebellion'
Bit of other stuff.
Bit of Maradona.
'Government announces Santa's Grotto's are allowed in areas deemed fit for people'
'Door to door carol singing has also been allowed to go ahead'.

Then for proof that 'we' can't be trusted and need strong government.

'A 200 strong student party broken up by police in Nottingham'.

That's all in one 5 minute news bulletin.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I get and completely agree with the sympathetic 'damned if they do, damned if they don't - these are unprecedented times' olive branch to Boris..
Well I would completely agree if the government weren't constantly picking the box containing 1p.

Tonight's 5 Live news at 7pm.

'Government warned of lockdown in new year'.
'Johnson to give Commons another Tier vote, to hold off back bench rebellion'
Bit of other stuff.
Bit of Maradona.
'Government announces Santa's Grotto's are allowed in areas deemed fit for people'
'Door to door carol singing has also been allowed to go ahead'.

Then for proof that 'we' can't be trusted and need strong government.

'A 200 strong student party broken up by police in Nottingham'.

That's all in one 5 minute news bulletin.

I’m really struggling to understand the point you are making. Unless of course you are saying the news is a bit dull tonight.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Are they really waiting until 16th to review this. You lot down there are well on the way to overtaking us then there's the two week lag to take into account. I wouldn't be surprised if they make the whole country tier 3 rather than downgrading us though :(.

I say you lot but it looks like Brighton is surprisingly low on case numbers compared to East Sussex?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are they really waiting until 16th to review this. You lot down there are well on the way to overtaking us then there's the two week lag to take into account. I wouldn't be surprised if they make the whole country tier 3 rather than downgrading us though :(.

I say you lot but it looks like Brighton is surprisingly low on case numbers compared to East Sussex?

They're reviewing it all the time, but the date for tier changes is still said to be the 16th.

Worthing did have the lowest rate in the entire country a short while back. Unfortunately other parts in West Sussex are doing their utmost to keep us out of Tier 1.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
After a week of bars and restaurants being opened again, looks like shutting down again this week, probably Wednesday. Prague has the lowest rate and being punished for some dorp between here and Brno that has rising rates

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They're reviewing it all the time, but the date for tier changes is still said to be the 16th.

Worthing did have the lowest rate in the entire country a short while back. Unfortunately other parts in West Sussex are doing their utmost to keep us out of Tier 1.

Findon Massive?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Not us :moo:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I think it's likely to change to districts rather than counties though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here