Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Tie off vote for new competition

Which one is your preference for a competition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
After a score draw in the first thread it comes down to the two final options.

The one with the highest score will have a competition run in its name.

Get voting!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely world’s best biscuit - chance for a lot of Binfestery in that.

How many for a tourney though? 32 is too many. 16 and 4 groups of 4 perhaps?

I would also - just personal preference - call it the Biscuit World Cup (BWC24), leaving it open for future iterations in later years.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Threw in a vote for Goal Celebrations even though it won't win because I can think of a few underrated classics. But yeah biscuits will be good too.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Definitely world’s best biscuit - chance for a lot of Binfestery in that.

How many for a tourney though? 32 is too many. 16 and 4 groups of 4 perhaps?

I would also - just personal preference - call it the Biscuit World Cup (BWC24), leaving it open for future iterations in later years.
The amount of entries depends on how many get voted in and seconded, it's purely down to NSC as to how many 'biscuits' will be entered into the competition

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The vote will be free and open. If the great NSC vote for the Jaffa Cake then it'll be included into the competition
Even if it's not a biscuit? The comp will be flawed from the start.

Shambles. :moo:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Even if it's not a biscuit? The comp will be flawed from the start.

Shambles. :moo:
It's a mix of a badly run competition with a non existent ruling of what defines a biscuit as a biscuit.

Though I'm thinking after this vote finishes I'll make another poll asking if NSC wants a biscuit definition or if NSC wants a free for all within the biscuit competition

Though if NSC wants a overall definition of what defines a biscuit as a biscuit I fear that will lead to heated debate before the start of the nomation thread!

All very complicated, this biscuit competition lark :moo:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As a rough guide, when they go 'off', your biscuit goes soft and your cake (Jaffa Cake) goes hard.

Does biscuits include the individually wrapped ones, if so Breakaway has won?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Whichever theme is ultimately selected, at least it will give me the opportunity to give the 'ignore thread(s)' functionality a thorough road test.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Worlds best biscuit and sexual position was a good thread years ago.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The amount of entries depends on how many get voted in and seconded, it's purely down to NSC as to how many 'biscuits' will be entered into the competition
Surely better to set a reasonable (and easily divisible - 16, 24, 32 etc) number and then close nominations once that many have been seconded?

Would be easier to run than something that gets to an unwieldy number - I’m just thinking of the admin burden for you, speaking from experience!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Surely better to set a reasonable (and easily divisible - 16, 24, 32 etc) number and then close nominations once that many have been seconded?

Would be easier to run than something that gets to an unwieldy number - I’m just thinking of the admin burden for you, speaking from experience!
Absolutely, perhaps I'll set a limit on the nomination to thread, once we hit a certain amount of biscuits that have been seconded then it closes. All the favorites should then be in the running

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here