Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets Remaining for Sheffield Wednesday 20/1/17

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
650 miles and 5 days later another 500miles and an overnight after utter devastation at missing out to GD. And we didn't sell out by what 100-200 tops? Rather unique example.

Would be interested to see fan miles this year with the loss of MK and Charlton.

Gates of 25k yet could not shift 2000 tickets for the PO semi despite the clamour for tickets for Boro. i agree with your excuses btw.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Guessing as an evening TV game there will be slightly higher no shows than normal, say 15% or about 3500.

It is slightly disappointing that there are still hundreds of tickets left -I am sure that would not have been the case, had it been on a Saturday. but that is life these days. The fact that I write this does of course show how high our standards are now -anything other than "sold out" seems odd. With doubts about the trains and the fact it is on Sky, and likely to be cold, then several thousand will be missing. If we have 27,000 including SW fans, then that will be a good turn-out, all things considered. I don't think that the atmosphere will necessarily be less, as it is likely that those missing, by and large, will not have been the most vociferous anyway. the die-hards present will always be there to cheer the team on.

It is slightly disappointing that there are still hundreds of tickets left -I am sure that would not have been the case, had it been on a Saturday. but that is life these days. The fact that I write this does of course show how high our standards are now -anything other than "sold out" seems odd. With doubts about the trains and the fact it is on Sky, and likely to be cold, then several thousand will be missing. If we have 27,000 including SW fans, then that will be a good turn-out, all things considered. I don't think that the atmosphere will necessarily be less, as it is likely that those missing, by and large, will not have been the most vociferous anyway. the die-hards present will always be there to cheer the team on.

Friday evenings have generated a good atmosphere in the past.

The main reason this has not sold out is due to the poor away support compared to some recent games. Those with bigger away support like Villa and Norwich had a circa 3200 away allocation. Fulham had about 3000. Even if Wednesday had shifted as many as Fulham had taken, the game would have already been sold out!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Friday evenings have generated a good atmosphere in the past.

The main reason this has not sold out is due to the poor away support compared to some recent games. Those with bigger away support like Villa and Norwich had a circa 3200 away allocation. Fulham had about 3000. Even if Wednesday had shifted as many as Fulham had taken, the game would have already been sold out!

I see what you are saying about the away support, but that would not explain why in the home areas, there are still hundreds available, and I suspect that a few thousand will not come due to trains and TV. hope that I am wrong, though!

I see what you are saying about the away support, but that would not explain why in the home areas, there are still hundreds available, and I suspect that a few thousand will not come due to trains and TV. hope that I am wrong, though!

The tickets we have already sold in E1H would have to have been accommodated in other areas of the ground. This basically saps up all the current surplus

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Every night game you get a fair few no shows due to the travel issues and the many fans who live outside Brighton.....nothing changes :)

Athelwulf

Jan 29, 2016
It's because it's a Friday night match. It's a pity, because had it been at the weekend then I'm sure Wednesday would have sold their allocation, even though it is on TV and at the other end of the country.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Hey, I wonder what the PREtendance will be?

tumblr_nro0wepDDQ1sn30dso1_500.gif

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Do people really not go to football because it's cold?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here