Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets for Albion v Norwich

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Oh dear, that's a bit of a cock up from the club. You might get away with it in the train because it's hard to check the volume of tickets, but you likely won't on the buses. I wouldn't factor it in and expect to pay.

yeah was planning on just getting a train ticket to shoreham and saving the few quid extra to falmer

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh dear, that's a bit of a cock up from the club. You might get away with it in the train because it's hard to check the volume of tickets, but you likely won't on the buses. I wouldn't factor it in and expect to pay.
Showing the match ticket at the barrier will be a dead giveaway as the revenue protection staff will be looking for valid rail tickets. Its not as if 30k are turning up tonight.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Norwich's official site also says tickets are available on the night with no mention of deadlines. Could be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe the club didn't think that there would be any local Norwich fans to take advantage of the travel?
As regards the ticket, you can probably buy one at the ticket counter in the Amex shop but it would be best to get there very early.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've got a ticket in WSL going spare if anyone wants it

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Home games normally sell out, hence why you can't buy on the day. But this game won't be close to a sell out... why wouldn't they sell on the day????

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Home games normally sell out, hence why you can't buy on the day. But this game won't be close to a sell out... why wouldn't they sell on the day????

Because it's in the planning conditions, but might only be for competitive games. If we normally allowed PotG then it'd be used by away fans as they much more rarely sell out, but isn't.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Common sense has long since prevailed.

If a few fans rocked up at Withdean ticketless, and there was space, they'd be sold tickets. I imagine the same happens at the Amex. It may not be strictly permitted but it is a pragmatic approach and a world away from thousands turning up to buy on the day.

dolphin123

May 12, 2009
Mate walked up to the Amex loads of times
Last season and got a ticket on the door. Didn't ring or anything.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Wasn't the delayed kick-of due to people buying/picking up tickets on Saturday? Presumably you can turn up and pay... ???

I would like to see a scan of tonights ticket with Travel included.. :wink:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Wasn't the delayed kick-of due to people buying/picking up tickets on Saturday? Presumably you can turn up and pay... ???

I would like to see a scan of tonights ticket with Travel included.. :wink:

I thought it was just people picking up tickets, rather than buying. However, as others have said it seems they've relaxed the rules on all this.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They now sell tickets at the ground, they take you around the back of the Club shop, you wont be turned down if you turn up with £12.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
They now sell tickets at the ground, they take you around the back of the Club shop, you wont be turned down if you turn up with £12.

I know it's not your intent, but in my head they do it like a mafia style shakedown. Two large, cross looking men appear and carry you by your armpits into the back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I know it's not your intent, but in my head they do it like a mafia style shakedown. Two large, cross looking men appear and carry you by your armpits into the back.

They do that to guarantee the booking fee only receives positive comments. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here