Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ticketing Scandal ??

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
We buy three adult season tickets , myself and two sons. We normally go together. Yesterday 8pm midweek neither son could go so I invited two friends .. Rang ticket office. No transfers allowed unless I pay for ticket share to member. However if you put them on exchange you can then buy them back and anyone can go with you. Rather than leave seats empty and let down my two invited friends I did this, bought two of our tickets back for £120 and just been refunded £82.20 so costing me £37.80. Scandal or Scam in my opinion.
However if you are rich and have 1901 tickets I believe you can take anyone you like with out having to buy your tickets twice.
One rule for them and one rule for us !!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's always been advertised as a perk of 1901 that people pay the premium for and for commit 5 years though, hasn't it? Assume it's on basis that businesses can buy a couple of tickets and use one for entertaining clients etc.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
We buy three adult season tickets , myself and two sons. We normally go together. Yesterday 8pm midweek neither son could go so I invited two friends .. Rang ticket office. No transfers allowed unless I pay for ticket share to member. However if you put them on exchange you can then buy them back and anyone can go with you. Rather than leave seats empty and let down my two invited friends I did this, bought two of our tickets back for £120 and just been refunded £82.20 so costing me £37.80. Scandal or Scam in my opinion.
However if you are rich and have 1901 tickets I believe you can take anyone you like with out having to buy your tickets twice.
You started your thread with a reasonable ticketing gripe and then ended with a childish 'them and us' jibe. Sympathy lost I'm afraid.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's not a scam, transferring your ticket the regular way is a perk you pay for. In effect you have done this through the back door and the 37.80 is the closing of this 'loop hole' i.e. you cannot profit from doing this.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Surely the club is refunding you what you have paid for the seat through your ST, and are charging the non STHs what non STHs have to pay for those seats, plus an admin charge for doing it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Here's a scam for you.

I took my 13-year old son to football training last night. The clubhouse facilities are currently undergoing refurbishment and consequently an old washing machine was sat outside, awaiting transportation to the tip / recycling centre, I presume.

My son said if we put the unwanted washing machine in the back of the car, we could raffle it for £5 a ticket. If we sold 100 tickets that would be £500 and when the winner complained it was useless bit of junk we could simply apologise, give them double their money back as a gesture of goodwill and keep the remaining £490 as none of the non-winning ticket holders would be any the wiser.

I didn't know whether to be proud or extremely worried. Anyway, before I forget, please PM me if you want a raffle ticket for Zanussi FC1200W Studio Compact. Only £5.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surely the club is refunding you what you have paid for the seat through your ST, and are charging the non STHs what non STHs have to pay for those seats, plus an admin charge for doing it.
Exactly that.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You started your thread with a reasonable ticketing gripe and then ended with a childish 'them and us' jibe. Sympathy lost I'm afraid.
Here's a scam for you.

I took my 13-year old son to football training last night. The clubhouse facilities are currently undergoing refurbishment and consequently an old washing machine was sat outside, awaiting transportation to the tip / recycling centre, I presume.

My son said if we put the unwanted washing machine in the back of the car, we could raffle it for £5 a ticket. If we sold 100 tickets that would be £500 and when the winner complained it was useless bit of junk we could simply apologise, give them double their money back as a gesture of goodwill and keep the remaining £490 as none of the non-winning ticket holders would be any the wiser.

I didn't know whether to be proud or extremely worried. Anyway, before I forget, please PM me if you want a raffle ticket for Zanussi FC1200W Studio Compact. Only £5.
Cheques in the post !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Here's a scam for you.

That's money laundering.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The 1901 baiting is so dull. Why shouldn't people who contribute substantially more financially to the club get more incentives / perks than those who don't? They would in literally any other industry. It isn't one rule for 'them' and one for you, it is different terms and conditions on different levels of tickets that are made absolutely clear when you buy them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So it is the way the system works. So it's not a scam. Is it as nice and friendly as it used to be in the old days when you could just on the day take a friend, no. Technically even then the ticket was non transferable they just never enforced it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Here's a scam for you.

Your son is going to go far.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
interesting - can I ask what was the cost if you had gone with option A and paid for the two ticket transfer fees instead?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Here's a scam for you.

100 PMs sent :thumbsup:

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
My son, who's at uni, couldn't go last night so upgraded his U21 ST to an adult, costing an extra £30. he gets an email saying that's been done with a link to the ticket and I forward it to a mate, a Man City fan, who downloads it and comes with me. He didn't have to be a member.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The 1901 baiting is so dull. Why shouldn't people who contribute substantially more financially to the club get more incentives / perks than those who don't? They would in literally any other industry. It isn't one rule for 'them' and one for you, it is different terms and conditions on different levels of tickets that are made absolutely clear when you buy them.
Sounds like I`m in the minority being upset at having to buy our tickets twice.
The 1901 comments were only to point out that transferring or letting someone else go on our tickets would not be illegal as has been quoted in the past.
interesting - can I ask what was the cost if you had gone with option A and paid for the two ticket transfer fees instead?
Not 100% sure but friends would also have to be members which they aren`t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here