Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket upgrade help

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you're happy to pay £34 for a ticket in the cheapest part of the stadium them may I be the first to say you're part of the overall bigger picture of why football's finances are ****ed :thumbsup:

As the people at Teaco often say, stop being a **** :thumbsup:

And how much would he have paid to get that seat through the ticket office, including booking fees?

You're right though, EFL finances are shit but that's not because of me!!!!

Have a good xmas and I hope your dad's mate enjoys the match.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Been done to death on here but it's a fantastic opportunity to bring people along who wouldn't shell out £45 on a match ticket who have no real interest in football or the albion and I know of several who have become season ticket holders.

Is it really necessary as we seem to be selling out every game with the current system. The club also have special offers likes friends for a £10 etc so there are opportunities for people to try out the Albion cheaply.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Is it really necessary as we seem to be selling out every game with the current system. The club also have special offers likes friends for a £10 etc so there are opportunities for people to try out the Albion cheaply.

Disagree completely. Selling out every game = short termism. A bit like maxing out all your credit cards, it's irellevant. Yes there are cheap offers but generally for unpopular games where the atmosphere is likely to be poor. When you were hooked by the Albion was it a Tuesday night game against Rotherham (no disrespect to them)?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And how much would he have paid to get that seat through the ticket office, including booking fees?

You're right though, EFL finances are shit but that's not because of me!!!!

Have a good xmas and I hope your dad's mate enjoys the match.

Was just making a point. And yes they used to be much cheaper to upgrade. And yes he did enjoy the match as we beat Leeds 2-0 as this was an old thread you'd quoted me on :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was just making a point. And yes they used to be much cheaper to upgrade.

And before that they used to be more expensive to upgrade, following the exact same pricing policy as now.

And (2), I bet you said to your mate something along the lines of "You can have the ticket for free, just cover the upgrade charge" so he got it cheaper anyway.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And before that they used to be more expensive to upgrade, following the exact same pricing policy as now.

And (2), I bet you said to your mate something along the lines of "You can have the ticket for free, just cover the upgrade charge" so he got it cheaper anyway.

Not sure on first point - everytime I've ever upgraded since season 1 at Amex they were about £7 to upgrade.

2) Yes my dad did indeed say that - and my mate got his £8 coach space for free. What a lovely man. Shame it was he who got stung by this change though (not that he cares particularly).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Disagree completely. Selling out every game = short termism. A bit like maxing out all your credit cards, it's irellevant. Yes there are cheap offers but generally for unpopular games where the atmosphere is likely to be poor. When you were hooked by the Albion was it a Tuesday night game against Rotherham (no disrespect to them)?

My first four games were Colchester, Chesterfield, Halifax and Swindon but I got hooked!!!

There's arguments on both sides. Go to a game against inferior opposition then good chance we could win handsomely! Also, why should someone who has never been before get the chance to go to a top game by jumping the queue just because they happen to know someone who is a season ticket holder that isn't going where as there may be plenty of people already on the clubs database who can't get a ticket because we've sold out or they can't afford the full price; but could afford the discounted price that you think the STH's friend should pay?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here