Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket sales for pre season friendlies

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Pre-season frendlies are for those who dont realise that both sides will be fielding reserve and youth players so actual standard of play will be casual, nobody would risk injury which could result in missing the early league fixtures, in fact they are training exercises which are charged for.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pre-season frendlies are for those who dont realise that both sides will be fielding reserve and youth players so actual standard of play will be casual, nobody would risk injury which could result in missing the early league fixtures, in fact they are training exercises which are charged for.

hmm..did u go to chelsea and reading games last season?...i'd go with training exercise..but not with your emphasis on reserve and youth team which implies the majority..which i dont agree with

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Hope the guy was giving out wrong information, which would be pretty crap but at least it wouldn't mean the park and rides were now charging.

I suspect they just got the wrong end of the stick and was telling people the wrong thing.

Well just to tidy this up Walt, after the ticket office informing me and others that you had to pay £75 for the Park & Ride this season and then a lady from the operations department telling me he was wrong. I decided to write to the transport manager for conformation either way.
I am pleased to say I have it now in writing (email) that all P&R sites are free.
So for all the people given the leaflet with the Seagull Travel info and number, by the guy in ticket sales, he was giving out wrong info.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Pre-season frendlies are for those who dont realise that both sides will be fielding reserve and youth players....

So do first team players just turn up for the first league game ready to go then, or are you saying there is another category of pre season game that they prepare themselves in?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Most areas now show in red with very few seats available on the seating plan for the Villarreal match.

Late rush, or software 'glitch' ???

Or have they booted 1901 downstairs ???

Seems strange that suddenly loads of tickets have been sold.

Very few tickets available for this match now.

Looks like a late rush, its off everones radar in the summer but when they suddenly realise its close there is a rush. club also been emailing and plugging the game as a welcome to Oscar. Can't wait !!

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Most areas now show in red with very few seats available on the seating plan for the Villarreal match.

Late rush, or software 'glitch' ???

Or have they booted 1901 downstairs ???

Seems strange that suddenly loads of tickets have been sold.

Very few tickets available for this match now.

Very strange, I've bought and received tickets for the South for this one and now the stand is showing as not available when earlier in the week my group were the only ones in the block. Can only think the club are thinking about not opening the south stand and shunting us over to the West.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Very strange, I've bought and received tickets for the South for this one and now the stand is showing as not available when earlier in the week my group were the only ones in the block. Can only think the club are thinking about not opening the south stand and shunting us over to the West.

Would be sensible if there is virtually no away support.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
With 3 sides of lower tier virtually sold out + 1901 club, this will be well over 10k crowd, id South stand now being sold as well as some people are suggesting the 15k figure may not be unrealistic. Would be great to show the sort of support we can muster for a meaningless friendly on a Saturday night !!! Still a a couple of days left as well.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
With 3 sides of lower tier virtually sold out + 1901 club, this will be well over 10k crowd, id South stand now being sold as well as some people are suggesting the 15k figure may not be unrealistic. Would be great to show the sort of support we can muster for a meaningless friendly on a Saturday night !!! Still a a couple of days left as well.

I hope you are right and there is a decent audience as a reward and thanks to Barber for his generosity in making the ticket prices so low.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
me too went to a Worthing vs Brighton friendly years ago very dull. Never been to a friendly since and cant see the point from a spectators point of view.

You stood in the wrong place, the beer garden was the place to be for the whole of the 2nd half for those games...great fun was had by all

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Are they actually sold out though? More likely the club have just stopped selling them in some areas so they can concentrate the fans in one stand.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I could understand the apathy if we had the same manager as last season, but we haven't and we are going to see some NEW tactics and formations :ohmy:

True, but I think some more new players would have really shaken out the apathy of many / got more bums on seats.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Got my tickets for both games via the internet for me and my girlfriend, she has only been to one footie game before a Oxford game as where she was from.
So excited to take her to these two games the only issue had was got the Villareal game one for £12 and the other for £8, but the Norwich offer didnt give me discount so had to pay £12 for both and then a £4 charge, so cost me £48.
But when collect the tickets for the game will mention this and hopefully get the £4 back.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
True, but I think some more new players would have really shaken out the apathy of many / got more bums on seats.

I agree, but reckon with all the bleating about FFP, OG has probably been told to make do with what he already has at his disposal, and he seems to be giving some of the fringe players a run out on the back of that. I hope he can squeeze some points out of what he has, as I've got a feeling money won't be handed to him willy-nilly ???

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I agree, but reckon with all the bleating about FFP, OG has probably been told to make do with what he already has at his disposal, and he seems to be giving some of the fringe players a run out on the back of that. I hope he can squeeze some points out of what he has, as I've got a feeling money won't be handed to him willy-nilly ???

Same here, I have a feeling we will not be that active in the transfer market. Some fans may be looking forward to seeing the fringe players taking a more active role this season.We may unearth a gem that way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here