Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket sales for pre season friendlies

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Well they were hoping for 15k they probably budgeted for more like 12k audience, so if we only get audiences of 4-5k it is not a success and the pricing structure is unlikely to be repeated.

Probably true as there will always be several thousand that would pay any price to watch the Albion.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Well if only a few thousand turn up, it forces the club to think WHY? Answer that question and it'll be better for all of us.

:)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I just can't be arsed. Saturday night, friendly, no real signings, friendly.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Same, there were quite a fe of us relieved at the KO time being an evening one. Only wish all matches on a Saturday could be evening ones, or played on Sunday! Or to fit around my rota!

If the lack of new signings continues, those of you lodging it as your reason to stay away - will you not bother when the season kicks off?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I have just been in to buy 5 tickets for the Newport game and was told that it is now £1.50 admin fee per ticket. (another £7.50)
But while I was waiting in line the for the one guy on duty to serve a guy from Mile Oak, I was amazed to hear him tell the guy that the Mill Road park and ride was now being operated by Seagull Travel and he would now have to buy a £75 season ticket to use this service.
When my turn came I asked about this and he said it had been announced in the last couple of days, so I asked about the Race Hill P& R and he replied the same for this.
I told him not to bother with Newport tickets as I said I am fed up of being taken for a ride by the club.
A lady in the shop from the operations department told me he was wrong about P & R but correct about admin charges. Just don't know who to believe any more and I am frankly, very disillusioned with the club at the moment.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have just been in to buy 5 tickets for the Newport game and was told that it is now £1.50 admin fee per ticket. (another £7.50)
But while I was waiting in line the for the one guy on duty to serve a guy from Mile Oak, I was amazed to hear him tell the guy that the Mill Road park and ride was now being operated by Seagull Travel and he would now have to buy a £75 season ticket to use this service.
When my turn came I asked about this and he said it had been announced in the last couple of days, so I asked about the Race Hill P& R and he replied the same for this.
I told him not to bother with Newport tickets as I said I am fed up of being taken for a ride by the club...

Is that per car or per person? and is there a booking fee?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Exactly this for me, and foreign opposition of a decent pedigree as well.

As I said, I am AMAZED by the negativity about this fixture.
You shouldn't really be amazed, this happens every year. People say they can't be arsed with friendlies for any number of reasons and those who are going get all stroppy and either say "But it's against xxxxxxx!" or "But surely you're Brighton fans and want to go to see YOUR team regardless!"

Plus this thread hasn't really been that negative about the standard of opposition. A few have gone "Meh, they ain't all that", but most aren't citing the oppo as the reasons for not going - although admittedly on the other hand no one is wetting their knickers in excitement either.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Is that per car or per person? and is there a booking fee?

I never asked as I was always under the impression the P & R came under the free transport. But if Seagull Travel are doing the service it will be per person you can bet on that. The guy behind the counter just handed the guy from Mile Oak the Seagull Travel leaflet.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I told him not to bother with Newport tickets as I said I am fed up of being taken for a ride by the club.
A lady in the shop from the operations department told me he was wrong about P & R but correct about admin charges. Just don't know who to believe any more and I am frankly, very disillusioned with the club at the moment.

Hope the guy was giving out wrong information, which would be pretty crap but at least it wouldn't mean the park and rides were now charging.

I suspect they just got the wrong end of the stick and was telling people the wrong thing.

I never asked as I was always under the impression the P & R came under the free transport. But if Seagull Travel are doing the service it will be per person you can bet on that.

It's wrong. They are doing the Special Bus service for £75.00 a head.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's most likely the ticket office guy was giving out mistaken info.

It hasn't been announced that there are changes to P&R just that it's not running for the Newport game.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Hope the guy was giving out wrong information, which would be pretty crap but at least it wouldn't mean the park and rides were now charging.

I suspect they just got the wrong end of the stick and was telling people the wrong thing.

I hope he was wrong and the lady from operations was correct, but who do you believe when the staff selling tickets are giving out this information. Dreadful communications

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Most areas now show in red with very few seats available on the seating plan for the Villarreal match.

Late rush, or software 'glitch' ???

Or have they booted 1901 downstairs ???

Seems strange that suddenly loads of tickets have been sold.

Very few tickets available for this match now.

Last edited:

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Gonna need a bloody degree soon to understand what the ticketing and travel is all about. The only thing that does seem clear is that it is getting ever more expensive and we aren't in The Prem yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here