Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket sales for pre season friendlies

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just to clarify, I wouldn't go to a pre-season friendly even if it was against a european dream team featuring Ronaldo and Messi and the ticket price was £5.

In the past I used to go to them, and always left feeling like I've wasted my money and time. It's a bit like doing a brass and failing to blow your beans!

Come the morning of August 10th I'll be buzzing.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Just to put it in perspective, against Chelsea we still didn't sell any of the south, and the WSU was away fans. So I'm not surprised at 4,000 v Norwich.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If we had been playing Roma and Liverpool (for Charlie's testimonial) I would have definitely gone. One would have been against a giant of European football, the other a deserved celebration of a good servant - with the added bonus that 50% would have gone to help fund the brilliant Albion In The Community.

As it is, I might head down to Villarreal, hopefully after convincing a non Brighton supporting mate to join me for a glimpse of The Amex and a catch up over a few ales.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Two more reasons
1) Can't buy tickets at Queens Road
2) Backlash on booking fees

This plus the ballache of travel I'm guessing is paying a huge part .... However the mug that I am , I'm going to both of them.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
My wife won't let me go as its a Saturday night ......would have been Ok if it was the afternoon or at least evening KO in the 'season' GUTTED !!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
15K? :lol:

Think they will be lucky to get into five figures. Glorified training sessions are not a big draw in leafy Sussex. :) Maybe next year they will try and get better opposition.

I think Barber was hoping he would be rewarded with such an excellent ticket offer with a big audience, it looks like he'll be dissapointed and as such I'd be surprised if we did such competitive pricing again in the future which is a shame.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If twice as many people are attending than they would at twice the price - then it is a success.

Well they were hoping for 15k they probably budgeted for more like 12k audience, so if we only get audiences of 4-5k it is not a success and the pricing structure is unlikely to be repeated.

How many are planning to go to these games but are leaving it very late to buy tickets!

I was going to go, but then thought to myself that because I always leave early all I have to do is adjust my early leaving time to before kick off and I wouldn't even need to bother to turn up thereby saving me money on the Ticket, Transport and Food and Drink.

Always think ahead is my motto.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
So people aren't going because the sides they're playing aren't high profile? I didn't realise it was about supporting the travelling team. Silly me.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Not going to Villareal due to other plans, but am looking forward to a trip in the evening sunshine on Tuesday to see the mighty Canaries with their Woolfswinkle.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
So people aren't going because the sides they're playing aren't high profile? I didn't realise it was about supporting the travelling team. Silly me.

The issue is that people just love to moan. Alot of the moans are completely fair of course but a certain type of person loves to air them so we can all join in... all the time... about everything!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
My wife won't let me go as its a Saturday night ......would have been Ok if it was the afternoon or at least evening KO in the 'season' GUTTED !!!

Wife won't let me go? What would be the repercussions if you were to override her decision?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wife won't let me go? What would be the repercussions if you were to override her decision?

My thoughts exactly. No woman ever left her husband because he went to watch a game of football for a couple of hours. I bet plenty get bored of having husbands with no balls that never stand up for themselves though.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Saturday night is bizarre ... 3.00pm KO and they would have at least doubled the attendance I think

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I'm looking forward to the two Amex friendlies. Don't really see them as glorified kick-abouts, more an opportunity for OG to fine tune his tactics and formations for the coming season. I hope it's quick, short passing around the oppo box, with goals galore :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here