Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket collection advice for today

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Different seats - upper West (STs) not open so they put me in lower west. I think I'd better get myself off to Brighton now . . . . what a pain!

Journey isn't too bad from Fav is it. Used to work in Canterbury so basically M'way majority of the way. I used cut up the A229 to the M2 From M20. On a good day Bton to Canterbury in hour and half. But there were days when it two and a half hours.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Was there about 10.30 today and just one poor fella serving plus the printer had broken so tickets were being printed upstairs and somebody had to being them down. I was about 3rd in line must have been more than a dozen behind me by the time I got served.

I work quite near Queens road so previously I would have popped in there. Seems like loads of people also unable to get to Amex on weekday, club hadn't anticipated demand. Plus, for all that extra time, trouble & expence, I also copped another £9.00 booking fee.

Have another son trtying to book online, system down.

Predict carnage tonight as so many will be queuing for tickets and quite possible during a downpour.

Very poor effort, Albion.

Why have they shut the Queens Rd ticket office?. Seems a bit silly when you can pop in there if you are already in town. Also they might miss out on casual football fans that are down here on holiday or conferences etc.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why have they shut the Queens Rd ticket office?. Seems a bit silly when you can pop in there if you are already in town. Also they might miss out on casual football fans that are down here on holiday or conferences etc.

I'm guessing to save money. Most games at the Amex are League games and most people who attend are STH, consequently the number of individual match tickets sold/processed/despatched per game is quite small, only a few thousand. (Don't know exact numbers). Also a certain percentage of those few thousand will be sold on-line thus reducing the need for sales staff and space even further.

In other words apart from a few games each season the club don't need to devote a lot of resources to physical ticket sales - although watch out for the binfests when those occasions DO occur!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I don't think they needed a dedicated member of staff, they could work in the shop the rest of the time.

Brighton centre is teaming with tourists and we have a large frontage on Queens Road yet you'll find no posters advertising games. Can you imagine a theatre/cinema or club being so nonchalant about potential customers?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think they needed a dedicated member of staff, they could work in the shop the rest of the time.

Brighton centre is teaming with tourists and we have a large frontage on Queens Road yet you'll find no posters advertising games. Can you imagine a theatre/cinema or club being so nonchalant about potential customers?

Maybe the club don't want the crowds for the friendlies to be that big? Given the cheap price it's not going to be a huge money-spinner, and with no P&R perhaps they're wary of overloading the creaking transport system with 20,000 day-trippers.

Whether closing the Queens Road ticket office turns out to be a shrewd bit of economic planning due to the changing nature of ticket sales or a short-term cost-cutting measure that will rebound on them long-term it's too early to say.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Radio Sussex mentioned this afternoon that those wanting to pick up tickets for tonights game should give themselves plenty of time ground would be open from 5.30pm,strolling down to Withdean 30 minutes before k.o was no problem but to require supporters to arrive over an hour for a friendly on a Saturday evening is a bit much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here