Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thursday . . . All will be revealed

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
With 500 pages to go through on both sides, Friday tea time at the earliest.

I still want to know which person, from either side, is suddenly going to whip their disguise off revaling them to be none other than Noel Edmonds and shout 'Gotcha', presenting a gobsmacked Gus with the legendary statue.

I wouldn't worry too much about 500 pages, anyone who has either bought a house or gone through a divorce will know how many pages of legal flim flam and jargon are created. A lot of it will be the hereins and the hereafters etc. I am reminded of that brilliant scene from Yes Prime Minister where Sir Humphry waffled on for five minutes and all he meant was NO.
The national media seem to think it will be resolved by the weekend.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It's all very well speculating but the bottom line is we don't know what the charges are.

In my opinion it can't be a matter of gross misconduct or other serious charge because that would have been grounds for instant dismissal whilst still retaining the right to compensation from any club wanting to take over the contract or alternatively the possibility of a compensation claim directly against GP.

That leaves charges which under employment law he would have previously been given verbal and written warnings about, for instance bringing the club into disrepute. In these sort of cases suspension following written warnings would be the next step culminating in a disciplinary hearing where the employee can put their case in defence of their alleged transgressions and the legal team can argue as to whether or not the codes of conduct on both sides have been followed.

The employee and their representatives have to be given an opportunity to fully answer the "charges" as well as the opportunity to challenge the actions of the employer. If the employee wants to it is very easy for them to stretch out this procedure for as long as they desire and it is very difficult for the employer to curtail proceedings and come to a decision without leaving themselves open to a charge of malpractice.

On that basis I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the hearing drags on well into next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here