Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Thursday afternoon drinking thread

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
20220818_165555.jpg
Belgianl ager which I've not tried before , just polished off a bottle of Pinot and literally scraping around to find a beer :annoyed: this isn't too bad but only got the one .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am intrigued by your photos of your chosen beverage on any given day. Are the photos taken from your garden or a pub?

Sorry to derail the thread in post two :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Polished off a bottle of Pinot before 5 o'clock on a Thursday ? That is some pace to set - Respect :thumbsup:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Following a few cold Coronas, I'm having a Tanqueray Sevilla & tonic while listening to a football pod and browsing the Zaitoun cookbook. Cheers!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I am intrigued by your photos of your chosen beverage on any given day. Are the photos taken from your garden or a pub?

Sorry to derail the thread in post two :lolol:

It's the front of our little house. Looks a lot more impressive from the outside I assure you . We live in Almshouses in Thorpeness on the Suffolk coast, one of 12 properties on the site .. if you google it it'll bring up the whole frontage . Lovely spot .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's the front of our little house. Looks a lot more impressive from the outside I assure you . We live in Almshouses in Thorpeness on the Suffolk coast, one of 12 properties on the site .. if you google it it'll bring up the whole frontage . Lovely spot .

Looks idyllic!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Looks idyllic!

It's not bad mate, really busy in the summer and dead in winter. Think the total residential total all year round is about 90 . Loads of 2nd homes and holiday let's.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Oh nice! Have always liked Thorpeness and the golf course is one of my favourites.

It's a very popular course, often have a drink the Wallace the course manager ( massive Rangers fan ) Don't play myself but by all accounts it's a very popular and busy course . Fairly priced as well .

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It's a very popular course, often have a drink the Wallace the course manager ( massive Rangers fan ) Don't play myself but by all accounts it's a very popular and busy course . Fairly priced as well .

Looks to have changed a bit since I was last there but it was always a popular place to go for a short golfing break and was always fairly priced. Have been 3 or 4 times. Albert Finney was playing there one day we were there, not sure if he lived or had a house around there at one point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here