Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] THREE YEAR banning order for running onto the pitch at the Amex...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

el punal

Oh my. I'm guessing the miserable farts on here moaning about the idiots over exuberance aren't capable of running, never mind jumping onto the pitch.

There's a time & place to go onto the pitch- this isn't it but he hasn't done a lot wrong other than trespas

Okay, your opinion is that he didn’t do a lot wrong other than trespass. So where do YOU draw the line? This bloke ran onto the pitch to ‘celebrate’ and then went on to incite the Palace fans. He knew he was in the wrong because he then tried to evade being caught by stewards and police.

I think there have been enough instances in the last few months of fans running onto the pitch to ‘celebrate’ - meaning have a pop at the opposition fans, players, coaching staff or stewards. FFS!! Just don’t do it.

By the way I’m not a miserable old fart and I indulge in all the exuberance of us scoring a goal. You’re quite right though about me not being capable of running and jumping onto the pitch. The West Upper is a very long way from where the action is. By the time I get down onto the area of play everyone would have pissed off home. :drink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'll play him a tune on this tiny violin

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I was just thinking how many giving the lad dog's abuse have "entered the field of play" in the past. I have done - countless times. Exuberence. Celebration. Protest.

The lad didn't assault players or other fans. He just ran on the pitch. Three years is much too harsh and indicative of how precious the game has become.

As far as I'm aware, it's actually illegal to do it. Whether it's harsh or not, thems the rules. I'll be honest, I haven't done a pitch invasion. I've been there when they've happened and it's just never taken my interest. The thing is, more and more recently, players have had their safety put at risk through pitch invasions. The City guy smacking a keeper, the Forest fan lamping Billy Sharp... These aren't protests, these are celebrations where one complete goon has taken it too far.

I also really don't think it's precious. As far as I'm aware, the club and the Premier League etc have been amazingly clear: Don't go on the pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As far as I'm aware, it's actually illegal to do it. Whether it's harsh or not, thems the rules.
I also really don't think it's precious. As far as I'm aware, the club and the Premier League etc have been amazingly clear: Don't go on the pitch.

Here is the exact Act of Parliament making it a criminal offence seeing as people didn't believe me earlier.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1991/19/section/4

SAC

May 21, 2014
A 3 year banning order is the same punishment the lad who was arrested on his way to the same match, armed with a lock knife, knuckle duster and a flare.

Seems excessive to me (not the knife one).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I recall someone going on to the pitch for a goal that was then disallowed by VAR. Was that this match too?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The very same game this happened.

A Palace fan who “made a complete fool of himself” by invading the pitch at the Amex is really a “good egg” who doesn’t deserve a football banning order, a court heard yesterday.

The hearing was adjourned until 1 June.
I wonder what the final outcome was for the Place dude, three year banning order ?

My guess is...no.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's not what banning orders were introduced for.

Police are abusing their powers to get their stats up and sanitise the game even more which suits Barber's agenda so of course the club are keen to support. The club will soon change their tune when they realise they have season tickets to sell as they have done already.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm trying to think which Amex 3 years I would have like to have been banned for - the Hyypia year for certain, effectively I was banned in the pandemic year, plus one other ???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm trying to think which Amex 3 years I would have like to have been banned for - the Hyypia year for certain, effectively I was banned in the pandemic year, plus one other ???

I always like the story of the NSC poster (can't recall who), who was banned from games at Withdean. So he got a job behind the bar at The Sportsman and then used to watch the match from the top of the kiddies slide in the beer garden.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It's not what banning orders were introduced for.

Police are abusing their powers to get their stats up and sanitise the game even more which suits Barber's agenda so of course the club are keen to support. The club will soon change their tune when they realise they have season tickets to sell as they have done already.

I'd imagine it's exactly what banning orders were introduced for. Behaviour which is not allowed at any stadium in this country and has rightly been adequately punished. Whether other offences deserve harsher sentences or not is largely irrelevant to this discussion. This boy deserves his banning order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here