Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three women held as slaves in south London for 30 years!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Firstly I would not say I am upset, I just found it slightly distasteful. I would not make the same joke if they were found in Brighton. Yes I would not find it funny either if it was on the BBS. As I have said many times, I am an individual with my own opinions and thoughts as I am sure you are, for me it is not always about CPFC vs BHA, in fact the only time I really care is when we play each other or when someone says something that is a load of B&$()£"k's.
I have a very broad comedy range and find Jokes that others find distasteful funny, such as some racist(Including white jokes) and homophobic jokes. But then I do not find being a certain colour or being gay necessarily a bad thing so I do not see it as taking the pish out of a "victim" of something if you like.

Yup, I can see why some people would find it distasteful, but the butt of the joke is not the women found enslaved in London, but Palace. The women's tragic circumstances are just a simple hook around which to have a pop in jest at your club.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Yup, I can see why some people would find it distasteful, but the butt of the joke is not the women found enslaved in London, but Palace. The women's tragic circumstances are just a simple hook around which to have a pop in jest at your club.

But you would not use other "victims" in such a way, that is all I am getting at

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My girlfriend has taken a rather avid interest in this story. She says she has "empathy" for them. I think that means when you can somehow place yourself mentally in another person's shoes and understand their experiences as if you're living it yourself. I told her I thought that was downright weird and she should think how lucky she is not to have ever experienced what they'd been through. She said "Yes, you're probably right" and trooped off to the bathroom. She can be very odd sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here