Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three things: pies, Forest and...

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Can we have some of this?
goldstone_brewery4.jpg
Instead of Harvey's?

And as for number 3. No. No. No. Look what it did to Micky Adams.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Barber has been here three years now. Everytime he talks about Harvey's and Piglets he talks em up. He's negotiated several big changes in our catering contracts including 2 changes of suppliers since then and still Harvey's and Piglets remain. He's not very good at getting rid of em is he ?

(PS: No idea about Bozza's rumour . but these commercial disputes aren't unusual in close season)

I don't believe it's just a rumour. But, like you I think, I'm sure it will get resolved.

I also don't believe Paul Barber has much to do with any disagreement, but I could see him being instrumental in resolving it. This demonisation of Paul Barber is bizarre.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The question is would anyone be willing to pay £4.10 or whatever it is for a shite Pukka pie?

I wouldnt pay a pound for one. The only food I've ever bought at the Amex is Piglets. At least I'll save money if it does go.

If BZ returns it's no wonder we're throwing money at a decent winger, he'll link it all up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we've signed BZ or are going to why is it not til 1st July?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pukka pies are good enough for the majority of grounds in the country but not for fans of BHA who consider themselves to be superior to all other supporters. They are certainly better VFM than piglets, which are seiously over priced and overated by our fans. They are priced for a restaurant or home use but not for a football ground and massed quick sales. This is only my opinion.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Well stop measuring him by his goals alone then. From what I've seen of him on MOTD he's created many a goal and is one of the more intelligent players on the pitch.

There is so much more to BZ's game now than when he left us. It's no surprise that QPR and Austin in particular were more prolific with him in the side even if he wasn't.

He also has that touch of quality that far exceeds anything except perhaps Ulloa that we've seen spearhead the attack for us since the move to the AMEX.

He will create chances, score the unexpected - I refer you to his goal of the season contender v West Brom this year - and if he stays fit for even 50% of the games he will be invaluable. SIGN. HIM. UP.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Win against Forest on the Friday night, and we'll be top of the Championship table...for about 20 hours or so :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Contracts expire on June 30th

Which means he may already have signed, and they are just waiting to introduce him in the new away kit or something.

Anyway, if he becomes our player on July 1, it's unlikely the paperwork will be left until July 1. It'll surely be signed before that.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Pukka pies are good enough for the majority of grounds in the country but not for fans of BHA who consider themselves to be superior to all other supporters. They are certainly better VFM than piglets, which are seiously over priced and overated by our fans. They are priced for a restaurant or home use but not for a football ground and massed quick sales. This is only my opinion.

Sorry for not wanting mass produced processed muck. There should be a choice though, piglets or pukka, for those who enjoy food, and for those happy to eat catfood in cardboard.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Zamora shirt sales will go through the roof!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Catering at any sport event or any event where the customer is buying stuff inside the venue is always over priced. It's over £5 for a hog dog at Wembley Stadium. I'd much rather pay a bit more for a pie that has been produced well by a local company and isn't a soggy mess rather than something produced by the likes of Pukka where the pasty becomes a stodgy mess if you so much as dare look at it. That is better value for money as far as i'm concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here