Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three things: pies, Forest and...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Totally agree about pandering. Certainly save the club a few quid though as he is available on a free. It's a win win situation for the club. You know the club will also milk it. I just can't get excited about a 34 year old who has done bugger all in the last five years.

I forgot he was 34. Oh dear.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For once, we could try telling the Geordies to do one. We're always selling our best players but I don't see this happening so much at other Championship sides. It's so frustrating. You can be sure that Bournemouth won't be offloading Elphick and Cook at the first sign of someone waving a chequebook at them; nor would they have done had they still been a Championship side.

Accept that Bournemouth did sell Ings, Grabban etc 'at the first sign of someone waving a chequebook at them', of course. Don't let that get in the way of your whingey negative prejudice though.

And if we truly did as you suggest, then we'd have mugged ourselves off for about £8m on Ulloa's price tag, and £1m each on Bridcutt and Buckley.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And if we truly did as you suggest, then we'd have mugged ourselves off for about £8m on Ulloa's price tag, and £1m each on Bridcutt and Buckley.

Not that we've seen much of the money spent on new players - as yet. Hopefully this will change v soon.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Totally agree about pandering. Certainly save the club a few quid though as he is available on a free. It's a win win situation for the club. You know the club will also milk it. I just can't get excited about a 34 year old who has done bugger all in the last five years.

Other than play for England twice, play an instrumental role in an unfashionable club getting to a European final and scoring the winning goal in a playoff final. That's a lot more than 90% of professionals do in a career.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

He scored the winning goal in the Championship playoff final this time last year, and was regularly one of the best players on the pitch in the Premier League this season. Not forgetting playing for England and getting to the Europa League final.

I'm not sure it's quite true to say he's done "bugger all". He may be a different player to the Zamora who played for us previously, and is no longer 21, but I for one would be delighted if we sign him, both for football and sentimental reasons!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
1...big eating small
2....yea on TV
3... I might just have a small vodka

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Other than play for England twice, play an instrumental role in an unfashionable club getting to a European final and scoring the winning goal in a playoff final. That's a lot more than 90% of professionals do in a career.

In five seasons he hasn't scored more than 5 goals in a season Not the sort of player we need when we can't score goals as it is. Zamora's goal record is nothing sort of abysmal if i'm honest in the last decade.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Zamora was great for you first time around but, other than the feel good factor, I doubt he would be great for you next season.
Even if that turns out to be all it is, a feel good factor is something that's very badly needed! We haven't had one of those for quite a while .............

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He scored the winning goal in the Championship playoff final this time last year, and was regularly one of the best players on the pitch in the Premier League this season. Not forgetting playing for England and getting to the Europa League final.

I'm not sure it's quite true to say he's done "bugger all". He may be a different player to the Zamora who played for us previously, and is no longer 21, but I for one would be delighted if we sign him, both for football and sentimental reasons!

One of the best players in the Premier league this season? What have you been on tonight? 21 appearances and just two goals and you say he was one of the best players haha

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

You've let yourself down with that comment, Spence. One kick from Zamora's left foot, just over a year ago, earned QPR approximately £130million.

[YT]ydNSxxZHI-k[/YT]

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
One of the best players in the Premier league this season? What have you been on tonight? 21 appearances and just two goals and you say he was one of the best players haha

Re-read my post. I did not suggest he was one of the best players in the Premier League. I said he was one of the best players on the pitch in many of the games he played in.

I watched QPR several times this season, and every time he was one of the better players. Yes he hasn't been prolific, but that's not what we would be buying him for.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You've let yourself down with that comment, Spence. One kick from Zamora's left foot, just over a year ago, earned QPR approximately £130million.

[YT]ydNSxxZHI-k[/YT]

He most certainly did and you are right. That same season QPR broke FFP and had abundance of strikers to fall back on. We don't have that luxury and nor will Bloom break the bank. We cannot afford to carry a player who might chip in a couple of goals a season. We have to be prudent and i feel a 34 year old Zamora isn't the answer to our goal shortage.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
July the 1st in football thats like dog years x100! Im not getting carried away yet but hopeful this will happen

Yorkshire tea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here