Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three mobile coverage

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Looking to sign up for a Three PAYG account (all you can eat data) but was hoping I could get a feel for what their coverage is like.

Is anyone able to give some ideas on the sort of coverage that Three has in the South-east corner of the country. I'm mainly interested in the area from Folkestone to Brighton (I work if Folkestone and go to the footy in Brighton so therefore travel in the area between the two).

Why pay as you go ?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Don't know about phone signal but I got a "3" dongle when I moved to Midhurst three years ago and the reception was as quick as broadband ( yes it really was) Now I have moved to the Chichester area it is still as good, I am very impressed with it.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Coverage is intermittent and if you are anywhere in the countryside it is non existent. Even at home the signal is limited but you can send a text if you stand on one leg with your arm outstretched pointing your mobile north, then west, then south then east. Three likely message fails out of all that activity. So, in summary ......

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Fortunately it's only a monthly contract with Three so I can always switch again if it proves to be inadequate.

I am with 3 because it is cheaper than a lot of the mobile companies and I get quite a lot for the money, unlimited texts and about 500 minutes of phone calls. Even I can't use all that up. :)

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Their 3G coverage is pretty good on the whole. I've travelled from Portsmouth to Seaford along the A27 a few times using 3G radio on my iPhone and it only drops out a couple of times.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Coverage is intermittent and if you are anywhere in the countryside it is non existent. Even at home the signal is limited but you can send a text if you stand on one leg with your arm outstretched pointing your mobile north, then west, then south then east. Three likely message fails out of all that activity. So, in summary ......

I was informed the other day that if you contact them they will send a booster to you which eradicates the problem.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I was informed the other day that if you contact them they will send a booster to you which eradicates the problem.

I didn't know that so thanks for the information.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Don't know about phone signal but I got a "3" dongle when I moved to Midhurst three years ago and the reception was as quick as broadband ( yes it really was) Now I have moved to the Chichester area it is still as good, I am very impressed with it.

I have a dongle and get unlimited on Pay and Go for £15 month, at the most it has run two netflix movies in different rooms, playstation online and me watching Iplayer. I do have broadband where I live but it is slower so everyone uses the dongle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here