Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Three games a week

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It really shouldn’t annoy me but it really does. I can’t cope with it. Why do so many people say “x has three games a week” - it very rarely happens. I reckon it will happen to us once this season and that was the 7 days where we had 3 games between a Thursday and a Wednesday but that is over different weeks.

Can we please agree to say there are 2 games and not 3 please?

A week does not go from Saturday to Sunday the following week after a game on Thursday. It goes from Sunday one week to the end of Saturday the next.

Thanks.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
It really shouldn’t annoy me but it really does. I can’t cope with it. Why do so many people say “x has three games a week” - it very rarely happens. I reckon it will happen to us once this season and that was the 7 days where we had 3 games between a Thursday and a Wednesday but that is over different weeks.

A week does not go from Saturday to Sunday the following week after a game on Thursday. It goes from Sunday one week to the end of Saturday the next.

Thanks.
I'm with you on this. If you're playing every weekend and every midweek, you can just about, at a stretch, say "we have three games this week", but in that case you've only got one next week. "Three games a week", my arse.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This thread feels like a great opportunity to link to a great piece of internet history...

Two bodybuilders argue over how many days there are in a week
That was a truly incredible piece of forum art. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
This thread feels like a great opportunity to link to a great piece of internet history...

That is something special.
Link posted on the work group chat for shits and giggles.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Thanks.
Thank you for writing this, I’ve been thinking the same for ages! 😂

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Thanks.
Yep, you are spot on 👍👍

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Thanks.
So we had 3 games last week. Bournemouth, Chelsea & Villa. But only 1 this week, Marseille.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Thanks.
Nearly spot on. In my head, a week starts on a Monday morning, after the w/e has finished.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Was it eventually agreed that Josh was joshing, or was he just thicker in the head than the bicep?

Last edited:

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023

im a little bit thicker now ive read that and I genuinely dont know what a week is anymore

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
These players, unlike, for instance, NHS workers are highly paid for the job they do.............think about the next time you have the unfortunate visit to A&E ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It basically only happens around Christmas during the usual fixture pileup

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Love how the thread has meandered from the OP’s point and is now just about match schedule and not about people saying a week is 8 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here