Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] thread of "the greatest song you've probably never heard"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've been struggling to think of anything from the late 60s and early 70s that is good (IMO) and obscure. .

This is one of my favourite singer/songwriters - sadly, little known. He gave up on the music business and became a repo man (among other things). His American Gothic album is a masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3nDUVXdlhQ

One from the 60s, slightly less obscure, but still not a major band. Their first (and only) album is excellent but they broke up over 'musical differences'. This is the opening track - quite unlike anything else around at that time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb8Q4EHozjU

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I can't compete with the pretentious, wilfully obscure stuff you know who will spam this thread with. However I remember loving this album when it came out, but Arnold seemed to sink without trace sadly and i'm not sure how many other people remember them

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wanted to post something from 'Love and Betrayal' by Opposition, but there is nothing from the album on youtube. This was the album Marcus Bell put together before he died (a sad fact that has also left no trace on the internet). This is a magnificent album and I'm quite sad I can't link some tracks from it. I don't use Spotify and have no idea if this will work for anyone, but it says the album is here:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0hu5WxvPjyhJDcpDCjP55P

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This has just been released. Lovely simple pop music from a completely neglected French Canadian band, now too old and distracted by life to tour, sadly..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQo94QSPHEg

Mate, I really REALLY don't like doing this. Try to bite my tongue and much of the time succeed in doing so. But couldn't you just this ONCE respect the thread title and post THE greatest song (singular) that most of us never heard of? Instead of, as you usually do, just SPRAYING the board with the contents of your random collection of songs like an incontinent polecat.

Really gives me no pleasure to keep reminding you that less is more. How on earth do we distinguish between the best of the best that you'd genuinely like to turn us on to, and your eternal showboating of your meh music collection?

Lob the 'stalking' accusation my way one more time? It really isn't. Apart from when you indisciminately piss all over every NSC music thread going. I reserve my right to keep doing so

And... RELAX :smokin:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mate, I really REALLY don't like doing this. Try to bite my tongue and much of the time succeed in doing so. But couldn't you just this ONCE respect the thread title and post THE greatest song (singular) that most of us never heard of? Instead of, as you usually do, just SPRAYING the board with the contents of your random collection of songs like an incontinent polecat.

Really gives me no pleasure to keep reminding you that less is more. How on earth do we distinguish between the best of the best that you'd genuinely like to turn us on to, and your eternal showboating of your meh music collection?

Lob the 'stalking' accusation my way one more time? It really isn't. Apart from when you indisciminately piss all over every NSC music thread going. I reserve my right to keep doing so

And... RELAX :smokin:

I am not the only person to post more than one track. Far from it.

But you are not he only person to get sand in your vagina about it. I have the other bloke on ignore (for repeatedly trolling me - and I can see from a reply above he's probably at it again).

And yes, I know you don't like my musical taste so why click on it? ???

FFS. :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

But you are not he only person to get sand in your vagina about it. I have the other bloke on ignore (for repeatedly trolling me - and I can see from a reply above he's probably at it again).

Like I say, why not respect the thread title and post ONE song you'd truly madly deeply love to turn NSC on to? It'd probably be a cracker. Why be instead that creepy guy that does that creepy mixtape that means ever so much to you and that nobody ever listened to? Where's that Sub-Ignore List by Poster Name and Post Subject (in this case music) when you need it? :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like I say, why not respect the thread title and post ONE song you'd truly madly deeply love to turn NSC on to? It'd probably be a cracker. Why be instead that creepy guy that does that creepy mixtape that means ever so much to you and that nobody ever listened to? Where's that Sub-Ignore List by Poster Name and Post Subject (in this case music) when you need it? :lol:

Come on. Don't be 'that guy'. You know you love me really :kiss:

You do realise that the other lad who got the hump with me posting lots of muscic decided a few weeks ago that the best way to protect people like you from me was to post even more 'music' of his own? Then he went on another thread and protected people like you a bit more by posting multiple tracks I'd posted on the previous thread. If you want to direct your ire at anyone, try that person, who was deliberately pissing on the whole thread, not someone like me who is unintentionally merely pissing in your pocket? ???

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

I know you won't read this ( or read it and then pretend you haven't). The reason i poke fun at you is you come across as a massive pretentious snowflake. You seem to take pleasure in music not for it's own sake but as a tool to reasure your fragile ego of your own superiority . IAnd like in politics threads, if someone disagrees with you, or gently ribs you or calls you out you ignore them so you can persist in your childish bubble, surrounding yourself with an ever decreasing echo chamber.
Back in the 80's when i was stupid spotty teenager i went to school with a lad who read the NME and would constantly disparage whatever music lesser mortals were listening to while promoting the nme's most obscure recomendations. Music he never really wanted everyone to like because then he'd have to find something even more obscure to lord his superiority over the plebs. At the time spotty moron that i was i admired him, but as i grew up I realised what a massive berk he was. Sadly it seems you still are that floppy haired ****.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I can't compete with the pretentious, wilfully obscure stuff you know who will spam this thread with. However I remember loving this album when it came out, but Arnold seemed to sink without trace sadly and i'm not sure how many other people remember them

Great call, I remember that album well and have always loved it. Have never managed to get hold of Bahama, the follow-up they did, it’s never appeared on iTunes etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Come on. Don't be 'that guy'. You know you love me really :kiss:

You do realise that the other lad who got the hump with me posting lots of muscic decided a few weeks ago that the best way to protect people like you from me was to post even more 'music' of his own? Then he went on another thread and protected people like you a bit more by posting multiple tracks I'd posted on the previous thread. If you want to direct your ire at anyone, try that person, who was deliberately pissing on the whole thread, not someone like me who is unintentionally merely pissing in your pocket? ???

Yes, no, maybe, I don't know
Can you repeat the question?

Maybe ask yourself WHY you tend to piss all over every single music thread going? Is it to ensure there are no remaining living posters who are not aware you saw Wishbone Ash live in Canada in 1973? Great. Well done. Where should we post the medal?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Likewise. Why have I never heard of them before?!

I heard them and realised that they're similar to The Midnight, who a friend recommended to me recently...turns out I'm now a big fan of Synthwave/Retrowave.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, no, maybe, I don't know
Can you repeat the question?

Maybe ask yourself WHY you tend to piss all over every single music thread going? Is it to ensure there are no remaining living posters who are not aware you saw Wishbone Ash live in Canada in 1973? Great. Well done. Where should we post the medal?

Stop, now. You're sounding bitter.

When you got increasingly unpleasant about my music posts last time you ended up apologising. I suggest you go back and take another look at that sorry exchange.

I can see that several people on this thread have found some pleasure from some of the stuff I have posted. That's good enough for me.

And incidentally you'll see that I haven't critcised any of the people who have multiple posted here, nor mocked their taste in music, or indeed mocked their personality etc. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here