Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread full of Terrace nostalgia

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
nos·tal·gia [no-stal-juh, -jee-uh, nuh-]

–noun 1. a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time:

I really hope you guys mean something other than Nostalgia.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
one of the last left

Attachments

• brentfd3.jpg
    brentfd3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 997

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
anyone see this snippet on the bbc website?

"Conservative leader David Cameron has said terraces could return to football grounds under a Tory government, although he insisted that safety would still be the "first priority". (Various) "

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:

"Conservative leader David Cameron has said terraces could return to football grounds under a Tory government, although he insisted that safety would still be the "first priority". (Various) "

he just kissing arse to get some votes.

Terraces will never come back as it would cost the clubs alot to get rid of the seats, and stadiums look nicer in pictures with seats

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Zesh Rehman said:
he just kissing arse to get some votes.

Terraces will never come back as it would cost the clubs alot to get rid of the seats, and stadiums look nicer in pictures with seats

I know he's just trying to get votes, although I think the reason why they won't come back probably ISN'T because stadiums look nicer in pictures with seats.:lol:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I know he's just trying to get votes, although I think the reason why they won't come back probably ISN'T because stadiums look nicer in pictures with seats.:lol:

i said the reason they couldnt was money, and im making the point that stadiums look neater and cleaner with seats.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing

He went on to say that fences and urine drenched toilets might still have a place in the modern game.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Cass Pennant has a chapter in his "congratulations, you've just met the ICF" book about a weekend in Brighton in 1978.

I remember the game well....i was there and west ham won 2-1 with a brace from Bryan 'pop' Robson.....but Pennant says it kicked off quite a few times in Brighton and he rekons it was a pretty scary place to come despite Brighton not having a "proper firm"

Remember being at the 1982 game at the goldstone too when Brighton won 3-1 (all i remember is Alan Devonshire scoring a late goal for us) but right at the end....i'm sure the north satnd was invaded by west ham. I can remember seeing loads of hastle plus loads of riot cops etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here