[Albion] Thread full of random ex-Albion players

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Greg Halford

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
That is bizarre, when I read your thread title but before I opened it I instantly thought of Aaron Davies!

Adam Chicksen.

My train of thought began with Yeovil Town, who (sadly ) have been in the news a lot recently . I remember he destroyed forest in a play off semi , playing for Yeovil .
I read that that game was as good as it got for him !

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Names on the buses

337 Denis Foreman

Connections with Brighton and Hove : Denis Foreman was a South African cricketer and footballer and the first non-white South African to play first-class cricket in England. He played for Sussex from 1952 to 1967, appearing in 130 first-class matches as a right-handed batsman who bowled occasional off-breaks. He scored 3,277 runs with a highest score of 104 against Nottinghamshire in 1967. Mr Foreman was the forerunner of five men in the latest South African touring team. Interestingly, he played three first-class matches for Western Province as ‘an honorary white’ in 1951, when apartheid laws had not been fully implemented. A multi talented sportsman, Foreman was scouted whilst playing football in Cape Town and was offered a contract to play in England — eventually playing 212 matches for Brighton and Hove Albion as an inside-left between 1953 and 1962. Despite scoring 63 goals for the club he still endured racial abuse from spectators. Foreman joined the staff at Shoreham Grammar School in 1974 where he was an inspirational PE teacher until 1995. He died in 2016 after a long illness, prompting many comments and fond memories from past pupils — a testament to a “kind, tolerant and gentle man.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My train of thought began with Yeovil Town, who (sadly ) have been in the news a lot recently . I remember he destroyed forest in a play off semi , playing for Yeovil .
I read that that game was as good as it got for him !

Yes I remember that game well and believe Forest then signed him on the back of it pretty much?! I was quite excited when we signed him after that because of that one game also.

There were a few players signed in that era I got my hopes up about that never really worked out - David Livermore was another one that springs to mind and another Davies - Craig.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
David Yelldell.

Him of the pink goalkeepers jersey at Elland Road. Despite once conceding nine goals in a Bundesliga 2 game, now goalkeeping coach at Dynamo Dresden.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yes I remember that game well and believe Forest then signed him on the back of it pretty much?! I was quite excited when we signed him after that because of that one game also.

There were a few players signed in that era I got my hopes up about that never really worked out - David Livermore was another one that springs to mind and another Davies - Craig.

Yes , forest signed him up and he was crap thereafter.

To your list of signings that promised much but delivered little, I would add Stuart Fleetwood. I was sure he’d regain his forest green form . Never happened . His career amounted to one great season .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here