Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread for old bar stewards, not you young whipper snappers!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Yes it is a rattling good show. I tend to come out deaf as a post as the noise is really crancked up!

Rock bands I have seen at the Centre and Dome:

Saxon
Blue Oyster Cult
Status Quo
Man ( a welsh band who were rediculously loud)
Iron maiden
Thin Lizzy ( Twice)
Queen ( If you can class them as Rock Bands)
Golden Earing
Wishbone Ash
Judas Priest

Looking forward to tonight!

Interesting list: saw Lizzy at The Dome in 1976 - seared on my memory as my first proper live rock gig. Absolutely awesome.
Also love Wishbone Ash and saw them a couple of times in the early 80s.
Less keen on the NWOBHM mob - I like a bit of melody with my head banging :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'll be there Dave. Meeting a mate in Weatherspoons at 6.30. Fancy a drink? Text me if you fancy a meet up.

there us four of us going mate...ill text you when we are there

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It looks like we did a very similar set of gigs in our youth, Dave.
I also saw Rush a couple of times at the Centre and UFO at the Dome.

You also mentioned Judie Tzuke. Still making excellent music, though I haven't seen her live for a few years now.

I was a fan of both Quo and 10cc, but won't be there tonight. Seen both of them many times over the years, including Quo's End of the Road gigs at Selhurst and Milton Keynes and a Monsters of Rock appearance at Donnington.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was at the Wembley Queen/Quo gig too. Queen were quite astounding - wasn't particularly a fan before I went.

The one and only time I saw Quo was supporting Queen at Knebworth

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
We went last Sunday to this self same gig at Cardiff, it was brilliant! 10cc were very very good as were Quo, weird really I saw Quo in the early 70s at Big Apple, seen them quite a few times since at different venues over the years and assuming you like their music (hence why you invested in buying the tickets!!) they are very good value and always great entertainment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
anyone remember seeing wishbone ash at the Dome in about 1977ish?

Didnt like them before that concert and someone dragged me along and I was really impressed.

I was there, loved them, especially the twin lead guitars. The cover of Argus is also one of my favourite album sleeves of all time. Fantastic live band in their day.

Another standout concert was Dire Straits at the Dome in the early days when Pick Withers was the drummer and Knopfler's brother was also in the band.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Yes it is a rattling good show. I tend to come out deaf as a post as the noise is really crancked up!

Rock bands I have seen at the Centre and Dome:

Saxon
Blue Oyster Cult
Status Quo
Man ( a welsh band who were rediculously loud)
Iron maiden
Thin Lizzy ( Twice)
Queen ( If you can class them as Rock Bands)
Golden Earing
Wishbone Ash
Judas Priest

Looking forward to tonight!

All the above

Gillian
Blizzard of Oz
UFO
Robert Plant
Slade
Tom Petty (with Paul Young as support)
Black Sabbath
Rush
Marillion
Judie Tzuke
Twelfth Night

And probably others I've forgotten

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Have you checked out Rick Parfitt's how to play YouTube videos ...he is a very accomplished guitarist. And not just a chord monkey some will have him be!
Bloody brilliant that!!! I'm gonna get the old guitar out later and play along.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really excellent concert last night! Quo can rock the place so well! Played all the old favourites, some new but SOOOO LOUD. Lol

10cc was gouldings incarnation and had 3 original members. Bloody excellent set. Donna accapella was so good

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Saw the Beatles before they actually made the big time....it was Hamburg,Reeperbahn in the Indri club....they were absolutely broke...I bought John Lennon a pint....he never returned the favour...but still loved his music...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No thanks I could not face 30 different songs all around one cord different

Well in that case try UB40 then or, maybe AC/DC ? ..oh oops they do everything the same too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I saw Thin Lizzy at the Centre too, maybe 1980ish. Wish I could see them again.

I saw then twice in a couple of years at the centre, both times they were brilliant, mind you I was deaf for 36 hours afterwards.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I saw then twice in a couple of years at the centre, both times they were brilliant, mind you I was deaf for 36 hours afterwards.

Exactly the same....I actually thought I would never hear again....it was the same after Saxon!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here