Thoughts walking out and on the way home last night and this morning.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I thought Orlandi was the correct sub, as we had nothing going down the left. I loved last night apart from not winning

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My thoughts

1. Our fans really are biased when it comes to refs. He was getting a lot of criticisms for right decisions and nonsense comments about small man syndrome when, other than the time wasting, he got most decisions right until the last ten minutes when some second yellows could have been given.
2. We made their keeper look better by pretty much every shot going straight at him
3. Generally a better performance than v hull
4. Appleton will probably think he 'did a number on us' again because he got a point
5. That bruno to bridge/bridcutt/orlandi cross field ball became predictable and overused.
6. Will we ever win from behind?
7. On the rare occasions vicente was dispossessed it looked like the simplest tackle
8. why doesn't lualua use his pace more
9. where did buckley go in the second half?
10. why no cms? I know he has underperformed recently, but with dominance we had, it might have been a good game for him to regain some confidence
11. Maybe I should have worn a coat?
12. Someone on the match day thread raved about the line up and that's why we didn't win
13. Do the people around me actually know anything about football?
14. Do the people around me actually know anything about being a supporter?
15. How quickly does the crowd change from moaning about something to cheering on the team - there is no 'let's wait and see what happens from this before moaning' sentimentality.
16. Do I want to move seats next season, or are people like this all over the ground?
17. How much criticism would Barnes/CMS be getting today if they had any of those shots saved/missed?
18. When their keeper dropped the ball in the six yard box 3-4 blackburn players were right there, where were our players?
19. How many times did crosses go across the goal and we had no-one coming in t the far post?

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1.Just how does that ball stick to Vicente's feet like that, the guy is a genius
You've answered your own question.
3. Why did Poyet replace Hoskins with Orlandi, when we were 1-0 down and CMS was the obvious choice and top scorer on bench.?
Because Poyet's been told by the fans that CMS isn't up to it.
9. I think Cardiff might actually suit us next Tuesday.
It's no forgone conclusion.
10. Is Bruno any better than Calderon?
Yes.
11. Worried about Ulloa, it's early days but an instinctive striker would have at least got one last night.
It doesn't work like that.
14. God that Vicente is good, If we did get promoted how fantastic it would be if we got a whole season out of him against the best in the land.
Let's just hope he plays a lot this season, and assume he's off in the summer. There have been plenty of posters saying he wasn't interested (they were all wrong) and that he'd never play for us again (they were all wrong). Let's just enjoy him for the genius he is, and accept that he's been unlucky with injuries.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
1.Just how does that ball stick to Vicente's feet like that, the guy is a genius and i'm sorry I get so frustrated with him being out all the time. He is a joy to watch.
2.Just how did we not win that game, did TK actually make a save in anger.?
3. Why did Poyet replace Hoskins with Orlandi, when we were 1-0 down and CMS was the obvious choice and top scorer on bench.?
4. Why does Buckley not seem interested when starting games? If he doesn't use his pace then he might as well not play. As that is his main weapon.
5. Why didn't Lualua replace Buckley at half time or at least on 60 mins? When it was obvious Buckley wasn't at the races. Lualua nearly won us the game.
6.Just how unlucky is Hoskins and will we ever see him in an Albion shirt again? I wonder.
7. Is there a recall clause on Dobbie( I doubt it), and will we look to loan another striker?
8. What a massive win Hull was.
9. I think Cardiff might actually suit us next Tuesday.
10. Is Bruno any better than Calderon?
11. Worried about Ulloa, it's early days but an instinctive striker would have at least got one last night. I'm sure he will be fine though.
12. Did Leicester really only pay £1m for Wood?
13. Hammond looked as sharp as I've ever seen him play, I think Vicente bought the best out of him.
14. God that Vicente is good, If we did get promoted how fantastic it would be if we got a whole season out of him against the best in the land.
15. Just how the f*** did we not win that game?????????

What's spinning around in your head,,lol

Kevin....I'd share all of those thoughts...re Bruno...I think a fully fit one would have the edge on Calderon and I don't have any concerns re Leo...he will get better once he's sussed out how refs give free kicks...I hate to say it but maybe he's too honest at the mo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports