Thoughts walking out and on the way home last night and this morning.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
1.Just how does that ball stick to Vicente's feet like that, the guy is a genius and i'm sorry I get so frustrated with him being out all the time. He is a joy to watch.
2.Just how did we not win that game, did TK actually make a save in anger.?
3. Why did Poyet replace Hoskins with Orlandi, when we were 1-0 down and CMS was the obvious choice and top scorer on bench.?
4. Why does Buckley not seem interested when starting games? If he doesn't use his pace then he might as well not play. As that is his main weapon.
5. Why didn't Lualua replace Buckley at half time or at least on 60 mins? When it was obvious Buckley wasn't at the races. Lualua nearly won us the game.
6.Just how unlucky is Hoskins and will we ever see him in an Albion shirt again? I wonder.
7. Is there a recall clause on Dobbie( I doubt it), and will we look to loan another striker?
8. What a massive win Hull was.
9. I think Cardiff might actually suit us next Tuesday.
10. Is Bruno any better than Calderon?
11. Worried about Ulloa, it's early days but an instinctive striker would have at least got one last night. I'm sure he will be fine though.
12. Did Leicester really only pay £1m for Wood?
13. Hammond looked as sharp as I've ever seen him play, I think Vicente bought the best out of him.
14. God that Vicente is good, If we did get promoted how fantastic it would be if we got a whole season out of him against the best in the land.
15. Just how the f*** did we not win that game?????????

What's spinning around in your head,,lol

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Good observations and questions. I don't think we'll loan another striker. There's still Ulloa, CMS, Barnes plus the development squad strikers and a plethora of attacking midfielders/forwards.

Buckley looked out of sorts last night. Hopefully he's just lacking a bit of sharpness which will come with more game time. Fully agree that Lua Lua should've come on earlier. Saying that, there were a few times when he was on the shoulder of the last man waiting for the ball through which never came. The majority of those occasions it was Hammond who didn't spot/attempt the pass- that's my one criticism of him (Hammond) last night. His all round game was good but still has a tendency to slow things down and lacks vision.

D

Deleted member 18477

-what a wanker that ref was! total bottle job. how did murphy stay on the pitch?
-do refs hate brighton? or is it poyet they hate?
-would greer have given away the stupid free kick that upson did leading up to blackburns goal?
-whose going to play when greer is back?
-why do i hate appleton so much?
-did coca cola kid really play in the champions league and euro 2008? he's shit!
-vicente is classsssss!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
1.Just how does that ball stick to Vicente's feet like that, the guy is a genius and i'm sorry I get so frustrated with him being out all the time. He is a joy to watch.
3. Why did Poyet replace Hoskins with Orlandi, when we were 1-0 down and CMS was the obvious choice and top scorer on bench.?
4. Why does Buckley not seem interested when starting games? If he doesn't use his pace then he might as well not play. As that is his main weapon.
5. Why didn't Lualua replace Buckley at half time or at least on 60 mins? When it was obvious Buckley wasn't at the races. Lualua nearly won us the game.
6.Just how unlucky is Hoskins and will we ever see him in an Albion shirt again? I wonder.
7. Is there a recall clause on Dobbie( I doubt it), and will we look to loan another striker?
11. Worried about Ulloa, it's early days but an instinctive striker would have at least got one last night. I'm sure he will be fine though.
13. Hammond looked as sharp as I've ever seen him play, I think Vicente bought the best out of him.
14. God that Vicente is good, If we did get promoted how fantastic it would be if we got a whole season out of him against the best in the land.

This except for 13.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last summer/autumn, Bruno seemed like the best RB the Albion had ever had.

Perfect in defence, amazingly creative going forward, and with pace.

He's really fallen away since. Foreign imports it seems cannot maintain form over 9 months including a British winter.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Wow that's a lot of thoughts.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Re Ulloa - glad its not just me. I have been fairly disappointed in him to be honest. I dont expect him to fit in straight away, but I certainly havent seen anything yet to merit the rave reviews people have been giving him. I thought a sharp striker would have scored from the chances he had... and Im a little bit worried that he isnt that sharp a striker.... Having said that, he is new, etc etc. But rave reviews? Are people serious? The guy has scored a diving header, but frankly has disappointed me up to now overall in the three games Ive seen him play.

And yes - How did we not win that game?? Its the same old story... we have a Chronic Inability to Score Goals!!! Ive pretty much stopped expecting us to score now from open play .... its getting ridiculous the amount of times we carve out a chance then waste it...

Still. Just outside the playoffs - 4 points adrift now, but still very do able. Just SCORE SOME GOALS lads!!!!

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
-what a wanker that ref was! total bottle job. how did murphy stay on the pitch?
-do refs hate brighton? or is it poyet they hate?
-would greer have given away the stupid free kick that upson did leading up to blackburns goal?
-whose going to play when greer is back?
-why do i hate appleton so much?
-did coca cola kid really play in the champions league and euro 2008? he's shit!
-vicente is classsssss!

- Agree the Ref was a short arsed wanker with a power complex and he bottled the Murphy incident
- Two poor ref's in the last two games - let's hope we get better/stronger Ref's for the run in :)
- Upson didn't give away a needless free-kick for their goal , they scored because we didn't defend a corner very well - player completely unmarked and no-one on the far post which is very basic stuff and no Greer wouldn't have run back and clipped their players heels and we would've been 3 v 2 on a break away instead. Upson took one for the team (normally Hammond's job) but was worried for him after that as Blackburn were falling over themselves to fall down any time they went near our players.
- I'd imagine GG will be a straight slot in when fit and it will be Upson or El Abd for the LH side defensive position
- Appleton looks like he's sneering in a smug ugly kind of way and he's ex- Pompey
- Yep CCK is a big unit but falls over to win free kicks quite well
- agreed Vicente is classssss! :)

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Re Ulloa - glad its not just me. I have been fairly disappointed in him to be honest. I dont expect him to fit in straight away, but I certainly havent seen anything yet to merit the rave reviews people have been giving him. I thought a sharp striker would have scored from the chances he had... and Im a little bit worried that he isnt that sharp a striker.... Having said that, he is new, etc etc. But rave reviews? Are people serious? The guy has scored a diving header, but frankly has disappointed me up to now overall in the three games Ive seen him play.

And yes - How did we not win that game?? Its the same old story... we have a Chronic Inability to Score Goals!!! Ive pretty much stopped expecting us to score now from open play .... its getting ridiculous the amount of times we carve out a chance then waste it...

Still. Just outside the playoffs - 4 points adrift now, but still very do able. Just SCORE SOME GOALS lads!!!!

I thought he was very good last night.

His first touch and control is very good.
His link up play is very sharp and incisive.
He wins a lot of headers (and some free kicks).
Despite his link up play he's always in the box waiting for decent delivery - which will come once our wingers remember to beat the 1st man
The only clear chances he had were the free header (back post) in the 1st half that the defender blocked with his hand & the flicked backheel in the 2nd that the keeper was lucky it went right to his feet... perhaps the snap shot from the attack where Vicente weaved through the Blackburn defence 2nd half, that he hit well enough, but straight at the keeper.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't necessarily agree that CMS was the obvious replacement just because he is a striker. For me, he doesn't seem to exhibit the intelligence in terms of making runs and getting into postion that would have benefited from the rest of the team. Just my opinion.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dobbie cannot be recalled. We have in fact sold him to Palace but the deal cannot be finalised until 1st July as a player cannot be signed on a permanent contract to three clubs in a season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports