Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts so far on our football this season?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Think it will be a long season. The back to back away matches at Reading and QPR next month will give us something to benchmark against. Anything more than a point from those two would be an excellent return.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've not enjoyed it as much so far, I think there is still plenty of room for improvement, but I'm confident we're getting there based on the improvement yesterday over the derby game.

I think there's not enough movement off the ball, if our opponents put it in the air we seem more inclined to keep it in the air than last season and I don't think heading is a strength of this brighton side (except when it gets to Ulloa). I'm not sure I feel as if we control games as much as we did last season. Yesterday it seemed like Burnley were poor when they didn't have the ball, but when they had it they threatened, even when down to ten men it didn't feel like we controlled things. Late in the game we were passing it around our defence with very little pressure from burnley, so it felt more like burnley surrendering the game than us controlling it.

But with injuries, Agustien and Lopez still gaining match fitness after missing out on pre-season with us I'm hopeful of our football improving to the point it surpasses the last couple of seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here