Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thoughts on Veltman

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Has a real chance to become a starter. A steal for 900 grand.

900k gets you Veltman, Lallana and Welbeck! Don’t get me wrong, we’ll be paying big wages / signing on fees by our standards but when you think about the £15mil or whatever we spent on Locadia, it really isn’t all about price. It’s about thinking outside the box sometimes (and Dan Ashworth).

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Against Liverpool? All personal opinions but I’d rather have an actual experienced international defender playing in defence as opposed to an inexperienced midfielder being used as a makeshift defender.

I do agree but we still need to be able to get up the pitch and veltman doesn’t really offer that and from what I’ve seen against teams in the league cup he just isn’t a natural rb alzate isn’t either but he offers plenty of dynamism

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
His decision making is class. None of the rashness of Dunk and Webster. A couple of times he stood up to Grealish and their winger and with Lamptey's help took the ball off them. Very impressed. Think he could play wing back V Liverpool despite being in the back 3 is his best position.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I do agree but we still need to be able to get up the pitch and veltman doesn’t really offer that and from what I’ve seen against teams in the league cup he just isn’t a natural rb alzate isn’t either but he offers plenty of dynamism

We can't replace Lamptey, so I don't think we should try.

Go to flat back 4 with Veltman and Burn full backs

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Regardless of Lamptey's suspension, I think Veltman has shown enough to be a starter. I'd rather have him as a RCB, after the mistakes we've made defensively recently he looks more reliable and calm on the ball.

I'm absolutely not a Webster basher, I think he's a good CB, but there were too many times he made mistakes today that nearly led to goals. Would like to see Veltman in for him for a couple of games (discounting Liverpool)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Classy player.

Glad he's getting opportunities to play, it would be criminal if he wasn't.
Wouldn't be unhappy to see him replace Webster for a few games at some point.

My thoughts to. I think Webster makes too many poor passes and would prefer to see White, Dunk, and Veltman as the back three

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Classy player.

Glad he's getting opportunities to play, it would be criminal if he wasn't.
Wouldn't be unhappy to see him replace Webster for a few games at some point.

My thoughts to. I think Webster makes too many poor passes and would prefer to see White, Dunk, and Veltman as the back three

Me too, he looks very assured and comfortable on the ball. If a back three of White, Dunk and Veltman could work I think I would go for that.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Our most assured experienced Centre half

Has to start .

Composed on the ball as much as anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I’d say Veltman is at worst the second best CB in the squad. Would be on the sheet before White or Webster for me. The only defender who seemed to have any idea how to defend against Grealish today. He didn’t cost or isn’t valued at £20m+ though so expect him to remain confined to the bench.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’d say Veltman is at worst the second best CB in the squad. Would be on the sheet before White or Webster for me. The only defender who seemed to have any idea how to defend against Grealish today. He didn’t cost or isn’t valued at £20m+ though so expect him to remain confined to the bench.

Your first post on the Albions win today after full time. Your only other being a moan about our set piece defending after we conceded. You need some optimism and positivity Dan - it comes across as very negative mate.

Grealish is one of the best players on the planet right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here