Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts on the state of British Society?

theacademic

Jun 14, 2010
Due to the response from earlier research, I've just started phase 2 of a university research project looking at whether Britain is regressing to a less civil state with less social constraint and more casual aggression. The questionnaire is live at Barbaric Britain? and as you’ll see, the questions are very current. One of them focuses on the current arguments surrounding the welfare system, for example. It should only take you a couple of minutes and thanks in advance.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why is the survey so tabloidy in its assumptions and themes?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The root of the problem....
No discipline towards children.
Dysfunctional families who have lots of children.
Cheating partners and having to many partners which leads to the above one.
Benefits are worth more than a yearly salary to many families.

Prison sentences are hideous and most go straight back in.
Prison is like a social club and it's free.
Prison is seen as a great thing and an image thing to many youngsters.
I could go on all day but way to many problems :)

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Due to the response from earlier research, I've just started phase 2 of a university research project looking at whether Britain is regressing to a less civil state with less social constraint and more casual aggression. The questionnaire is live at Barbaric Britain? and as you’ll see, the questions are very current. One of them focuses on the current arguments surrounding the welfare system, for example. It should only take you a couple of minutes and thanks in advance.

Most of British society's major problems are ultimately caused by politicians, not by poor people.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Start by getting rid of this horrible American cancer...the compensation culture, which has turned most people into selfish, greedy individuals.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Politicians do not dictate general british society,it's upto individuals to make it happen.

That rather depends on what you mean by "general British society ". If politicians don't have any power over the direction this country takes, then what are they there for?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Start by getting rid of this horrible American cancer...the compensation culture, which has turned most people into selfish, greedy individuals.

What is that supposed to mean? I presume you're excluding yourself, but you reckon most people are out trying to get compensation for something? Bizarre.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Also depends when you do these type of surveys, given the current prolonged recession we live in a very selfish society

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
And Castles made of Sand fall into the sea, Eventually

428886_392962354092785_298195455_n.jpg

We are all going to fall into the sea. How many people can we get on a tiny island before it sinks?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Society unfortunately in GB is turning to shat my friend, especially the younger generation (not all, but a large proportion)
but I have certainly noticed the "i can do what the f*** i like, to who i like, when and where i like attitude among the 13-25 age group.
Too many drugs, to much drink and too much money and total disregard for the law. IMHO

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
What is that supposed to mean? I presume you're excluding yourself, but you reckon most people are out trying to get compensation for something? Bizarre.

That's exactly what i mean, everyone's after something for nothing. Some of the free cash, sorry, compensation that is dished out to people for laughable things, i find offensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here