Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts on the Forest game

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Would like to see Knockaert in the PL, looks a really skilful player.

Played nine times for Leicester at the start of last season, but subsequently lost his place to Mahrez.
It's Solly March that has the ability to be our most devastating player. Here's hoping for a full recovery from a cruciate injury. He looked like the best player in the entire Championship for six or eight games when things clicked for him.

Gabriel

Apr 12, 2016
Played nine times for Leicester at the start of last season, but subsequently lost his place to Mahrez.
It's Solly March that has the ability to be our most devastating player. Here's hoping for a full recovery from a cruciate injury. He looked like the best player in the entire Championship for six or eight games when things clicked for him.

Impressed with March when I see him, likes to run at the full-back. Sense he could have developed a lot further without the injuries.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Impressed with March when I see him, likes to run at the full-back. Sense he could have developed a lot further without the injuries.

He was on fire and playing best football of his career when injured at Derby. It was a real shame for him. I hope he comes back and can regain that form as he was immense.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

He's not only quick, but has exceptional balance -- watching him in flight is quite something. He's also skilful -- there were a couple of defenders (Fabio at Cardiff, Grounds of Birmingham that were badly exposed by him, enough to dent a player's confidence). What he was developing (and will need to develop further) is that composure, decision-making and finishing when those opportunities arose.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's not only quick, but has exceptional balance -- watching him in flight is quite something. He's also skilful -- there were a couple of defenders (Fabio at Cardiff, Grounds of Birmingham that were badly exposed by him, enough to dent a player's confidence). What he was developing (and will need to develop further) is that composure, decision-making and finishing when those opportunities arose.

When Bruno was asked who the most technically skilful at the Albion was, he answered Solly March without a moment's hesitation. I cannot remember my source for this but I am certain of it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton has overacheived, current squad would get obliterated in PL. Only Kayal, Knocky and Bong good enough to be PL starting regulars, Dunk and March with more experience. A few others like Murphy, Rosenoir, Stephens, Bruno, Goldson could hold down squad places.

Everywhere in the squad would need signings but most of all up front.

Yes. But don't all squads that get promoted from the Championship need a big overhaul / additions.
Dunk and Goldson surely up there with Cook and Elphick as a Prem League pairing and they've done ok this season.
But obviously this squad is going to be strengthened whatever happens at end of season. Only issue is by how much ...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
When Bruno was asked who the most technically skilful at the Albion was, he answered Solly March without a moment's hesitation. I cannot remember my source for this but I am certain of it.

Coming from Bruno that says something (although I was referring perhaps more to his physical attributes, like pace and balance, rather than technical). We all know that Bruno was being modest with that comment, too.

Gabriel

Apr 12, 2016
Yes. But don't all squads that get promoted from the Championship need a big overhaul / additions.
Dunk and Goldson surely up there with Cook and Elphick as a Prem League pairing and they've done ok this season.
But obviously this squad is going to be strengthened whatever happens at end of season. Only issue is by how much ...

I'd argue you've got better centre-backs than Bournemouth, would have Dunk over Cook any day. Bournemouth have a bit more going forward though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here