Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thoughts on Keeping games this weekend

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Personally I would be all for having a round of games this weekend to get this situation out of our system somewhat. Wondering whether there will be pressure to host with backlog and fan costs etc (appreciate tonight’s games are off but this is the PREMIER LEAGUE!!!)

Having a full postponement next week (to coincide with the state funeral) is expected and immaterial to us with our game already off but at least we have the same backlog as everyone else.

Would you like to see games played tomorrow?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Football event require policing and security. My hunch is that these resources will be in very high demand. From a safety aspect, it may be that games are rescheduled.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I believe that only 3pm games should be allowed just tomorrow. Cancel everything else until after the international break.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I’d rather it off solely so we have our new coaching team in place before we play again. I think it’s a bit OTT to cancel all the football due to the death of a 96 year old monarch.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I can see no real logic for this unless you shut down everything. If people don't want to go then that's a personal choice in same way that I ignored all of live T v last night and watched catch up.

Chris36d

Banned
Sep 9, 2022
I think a presidence has already been set. 99.9% certain all elite football off tgus weekend and probably next too. Non league will go ahead. Whitehawk anyone?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Football event require policing and security. My hunch is that these resources will be in very high demand. From a safety aspect, it may be that games are rescheduled.

Where do you see increased demand coming from…apart from in front of Buckingham Palace and Balmoral?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
This weekends games are OFF

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

the 12 days of mourning is a constitutional thing , it has not been seen in most of our lifetimes, to be fair i don't see it doing our club any harm under the current circumstances.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
All Prem and EFL postponed this weekend. BBC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here