Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts on Craig Noone?

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
People slate him for his crossing, which admittedly isn't the best, but I have seen him play some phenomenal crosses, especially after he first signed when we were in league one
If you watch the highlights back from his first season with us, there's 4 or 5 assists he creates from crosses that are all great deliveries.

Have a feeling this will come back to haunt us though, if he learns to cross more consistently and fills out a little could be a top player one day
Can't tell whether him going is good or bad till i know who we use the funds towards.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
People slate him for his crossing, which admittedly isn't the best, but I have seen him play some phenomenal crosses, especially after he first signed when we were in league one
If you watch the highlights back from his first season with us, there's 4 or 5 assists he creates from crosses that are all great deliveries.

Have a feeling this will come back to haunt us though, if he learns to cross more consistently and fills out a little could be a top player one day
Can't tell whether him going is good or bad till i know who we use the funds towards.

This, but it was league 1 and yes it depends if we get our striker we need so badly.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
The first game at the Amex when he played the through ball to Buckley for the winner is Premiership class. Like others have said inconsistent at this level but a great lad to have around the club. If the fee is anything over 1.5 million then you've been mugged.

Flair

Flairniac
Sep 1, 2010
Quick.
Very good dribbler.
Very poor crosser.
Woeful long shooter.
Inconsistent.

Great attitude with fans.
Funny lad and top bloke.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Excellent on his day but can be ineffective on another.
Yes tricky, but then can totally waste it with the final ball.
Mercurial talent alright, though perhaps not enough to be called ready for Premiership.
..which is what we aspire to.
I hope Gus has a good use for the money though because Nooney was a first-teamer.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Typical winger, blows hot and cold...... usually f***ing freezing.

But there's no finer sight than an on form Noone running at speed with the ball at his feet, taking on his man.

I'll miss him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's quite telling how may of these fond memories aren't pitch related.
Sad to see him go, but if it means his leaving is a vote of confidence in the fitness of KLL & WB, then so be it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
One thing he does when coming off the bench is lift the crowd. There's always a buzz of expectation when Noonie comes on. I hope his leaving doesn't deflate the team spirit 'cos he appears to be one of the more lively characters in the squad. I will never forget that interview alongside Gerrard-Noonie was like a kid on Christmas morning. Shame if he's gone but we'll move on and use the money to get better as a team.

Thanks Noonie, you provided some great moments for The Albion.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Very popular, particularly with younger fans, great around club, joker. Very pacey, will draw a foul/ booking from defenders, switches wings, unstoppable on his day, gets back and defends well, can play in a "system"

Inconsistent, not always a ninety minute player, confidence player, not always an end product, bit small, less goals than Steve Penney who IMO was a better player in his day - before injury

Hope you have Nando's in Cardiff, they will benefit greatly.

99.99% of Brighton fans will be sad to see him go, 99.99% of Brighton fans will be pleased with fee (if we do something with it!)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Disappointing but not surprising. Nothing much to add except I hope the move was motivated by the need to fund a top draw striker. He'll have plenty of FB's quaking in their boots that's for sure. In saying that if we were going to let any winger go I'd have gone for Noonie

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
What is this bullshit about nice to have around the dressing room? Seems like a nice chap, but no of the people replying have ever been in a dressing room with him so I dont know where they get that shit from!

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
The general concensus of reviews for his impact on the field are kind of similar to how Cox was for us in the lower divisions (e.g. a class below)
At their best they could be great assets and put in a killer cross or disect opposing defences and midfields. Not always reliable to be on their game, a bit lightweight if the chips were down, and for obvious reasons weren't going to have much of an aerial presence.
Noone is a cut above, but perhaps not enough to make the grade at any higher level (and if he was having any problem getting by our current defenders in training, then that would have been known!). Also there's a question mark over whether CN is improving with age.
We have to trust Gus Poyet on this, as to whether we can see the squad improved by however the money is spent.
Cardiff were strung out long enough, and to the final moments of the transfer window - so let's imagine we were not dealing with desperate transfer figures and they were!
Still, a popular character and a quality talent, and leaves us with fond memories all round.

Arfurfuxsake

Apr 28, 2008
Littlehampton
Gutted to see him go. He's only a slight lad not very strong but can draw fouls with his trickery. Don't think you will get a much better pair of wingers in the championship than Nooney and Bellamy (apart from Lua Lua and Will Buckley).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here