Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Those old skool end of season compilation videos (need one for 2023)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
When I was a lad I used to love watching those end of season compilations, sometimes with des lynam narrating.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they could do one from last season .... Every games goals back to back with the story of the season.

I'm guessing there's no money to be made with this so these don't exist anymore. Anyone want to ask Barber ? :)

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Be amazed if the club didn't put something together for our BEST EVER season.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Be amazed if the club didn't put something together for our BEST EVER season.
Yep as long as it's not some 20 mins highlight jobby. I want every goal in order with build ups and preferably goal scoring chances. I want the narrative as well !!!

Not too much to ask is it and I would certainly be willing to pay for the download.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm in as long as they get Dave Beckett in, who did all the Withdean ones, doing the voiceovers of our defeats to Northampton and Walsall, etc.

They've definitely still got his number, because he stood in for Richie Reynolds pitch-side for a couple of games a month or two back!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
agreed

think the last one was our promotion season

in the old days if you missed our 5 seconds of round up on south today this was our only way to see the goals! Loved it when Des narrated the ones in the Withdean years, quite often with a Skint records soundtrack

Guess the modern way to do it would be some sort of paid download?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm in as long as they get Dave Beckett in, who did all the Withdean ones, doing the voiceovers of our defeats to Northampton and Walsall, etc.

They've definitely still got his number, because he stood in for Richie Reynolds pitch-side for a couple of games a month or two back!
Dare I say I thought DB was an improvement and much easier to understand

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I still like the old school style where it shows the league table say every 4-5 games (with a narrator giving the story of the season's journey as you go), and gives a final score visual at the bottom after the final goal goes in of each game.

And even a bit of play just to show the Newcastle 0-0 etc.

Can't complain though.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I still like the old school style where it shows the league table say every 4-5 games (with a narrator giving the story of the season's journey as you go), and gives a final score visual at the bottom after the final goal goes in of each game.

And even a bit of play just to show the Newcastle 0-0 etc.

Can't complain though.
Yer agreed .... Prefer the story. And that music is so bloody annoying

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When I was a lad I used to love watching those end of season compilations, sometimes with des lynam narrating.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they could do one from last season .... Every games goals back to back with the story of the season.

I'm guessing there's no money to be made with this so these don't exist anymore. Anyone want to ask Barber ? :)
The club could do a VAR fvck up's Albion co.plimation

The club could do a compilatio video of all the VAR fvck ups against the Albion.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

The club could do a compilation video of all the VAR fvck ups against the Albion.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
in the old days if you missed our 5 seconds of round up on south today this was our only way to see the goals!

Ugh, this reminds me of staying up til some stupid time in the early hours of the morning to catch like 30 seconds of our "highlights" on ITV's football league roundup show, probably around 1997. IIRC, they used to show the games in the order of the home team's league position, so we'd quite often be the second-last or very last clip. And it was usually a clip of us losing.

This season, I managed to watch almost every Brighton game live, thanks to my subscription to the Czech Republic's Premier League rights holder. Costs me about 7 quid a month. Kinda weird that it's so much easier to see our games out here than it would be in the UK, but I'm not complaining.

(As an aside, I often wonder why people in the UK don't just sign up for one of these services and access it via a VPN, but I'm sure there must be some technical issue I'm not thinking of.)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Even though I'd seen all the goals, watching that like that, one after the other, reminds you how bloody good we were last season. At moments I admit thinking 'i'm not sure it gets better than this'.
Also great to see the team evolution, with Mitoma suddenly popping up, then Enciso.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ugh, this reminds me of staying up til some stupid time in the early hours of the morning to catch like 30 seconds of our "highlights" on ITV's football league roundup show, probably around 1997. IIRC, they used to show the games in the order of the home team's league position, so we'd quite often be the second-last or very last clip. And it was usually a clip of us losing.
That's a good "look how far we've come".

Having to wait til stupid o'clock just to watch about 18 seconds rushed footage of us LOSING.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here