Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those of you that like a few pints at the football

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Minority view I'm sure, but I hate the concourse area, which is nothing more than a means to get to my seat for me and the last place I'd want to spend any time. It's utterly ridiculous that we have constraints on taking drinks to our seats at football, everyone in possession of a drink viewed as a potential liability.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think it doesn't have to be about beer or any alcohol being sold throughout the game. The clubs can still have a last orders 5 mins before kick off or at half time, but it's the not being able to buy a beer before kick off and take it to your seat.
I would definitely not throw one down my neck before kickoff if we were allowed to.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I went to a German football match recently and was looking forward to drinking in the stands but the novelty wore off after 1 pint and everyone constantly going to get a top up or go to the toilet.
I was at The Amex for the Japan v SA Rugby game. It was nice having the option of taking a beer to your seat. The reality is that the piss heads going back and forth to the bar then the toilets will make you wish it wasn't allowed. We should still be given the choice.

Ticketing would be a nightmare though: Singing section? Yes? Drinking section? Yes. Strong or weak bladder? Concessionary ticket?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I might have one in my seat sometimes.

A side effect would be that you'd inevitably have to be prepared to accept loads more people barging past for TOILET breaks in the middle of the game though.

Not only barging past for the toilets, but barging past for a refill!! I, as someone that sits on the end of a row next to an exit, would be doubly pissed off.

As to the OP's question, I, provided it wasn't my turn to drive, would probably drink more.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Cg-y_KYWYAEl9XG.jpg

I thought about getting a pint as well...but then thought better of it. :ohmy:

I guess a lot of people didn't realise there was a bar on the other side of the stand too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here