Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those long balls

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
there is always plenty of moaners, i'm not one of them. I am ecstatic about the win but thanks for telling me how i should feel. I am only interested in the polite, genuine opinions of others about what things we can do to improve regardless of our position. We should strive for perfection, and today wasn't. FFS so I'm to rave about the team when they win, and slate them when they lose, and nothing more moderate in between!? What a bunch of board trolls

You are a moaner, we have a bad day and win, we go 4 points clear at the top of the Championship. You'll be in your element when we lose, it'll be how crap we are, I told you so, etc., etc. For now you are hanging on to 'bits' that you can pick on. Let me oppose your pessimism with optimism. We won, we went 4 clear. We showed resolve during a bad performance. We beat Leeds away from home. We have strength in depth. Our long ball/clearances weren't affective. Our ability to win games is refreshing. Dale Stephens should give up corners. That is not a criticisms, just an observation. If you need more please ask me. But I can guarantee you I will be full of good stuff, not the usual droning of whining people with no straws to clutch.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
You are a moaner, we have a bad day and win, we go 4 points clear at the top of the Championship. You'll be in your element when we lose, it'll be how crap we are, I told you so, etc., etc. For now you are hanging on to 'bits' that you can pick on. Let me oppose your pessimism with optimism. We won, we went 4 clear. We showed resolve during a bad performance. We beat Leeds away from home. We have strength in depth. Our long ball/clearances weren't affective. Our ability to win games is refreshing. Dale Stephens should give up corners. That is not a criticisms, just an observation. If you need more please ask me. But I can guarantee you I will be full of good stuff, not the usual droning of whining people with no straws to clutch.
you couldn't be more wrong, which isn't surprising as you don't know me, and i do not post here regularly enough for you to draw any real conclusion, and frankly I cannot be arsed to debate with you. please, just take my word for it. i am not a moaner. i am a great optimist, but my friends and i have observed the long balls we play this season and for me it is of interest. my mistake was thinking i could start a thread about an element of the football we play, and discuss it without idiots preferring to discuss their assumptions about me instead, as flattering as it may be.

what i'm genuinely perplexed about is that you clearly have an opinion about 'our ineffective long ball/clearances' yet you prefer to troll. :yawn:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
you couldn't be more wrong, which isn't surprising as you don't know me, and i do not post here regularly enough for you to draw any real conclusion, and frankly I cannot be arsed to debate with you. please, just take my word for it. i am not a moaner. i am a great optimist, but my friends and i have observed the long balls we play this season and for me it is of interest. my mistake was thinking i could start a thread about an element of the football we play, and discuss it without idiots preferring to discuss their assumptions about me instead, as flattering as it may be.

what i'm genuinely perplexed about is that you clearly have an opinion about 'our ineffective long ball/clearances' yet you prefer to troll. :yawn:

I certainly don't think that the tone or topic of your opening post marked you out as a moaner. Our increased use of the long ball this season is a valid discussion point however, coming hard on the heels of a great but lucky away win it was inevitable that it would provoke those who's opinions can only be coloured black or white.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Ah I get it, your whole post was wrapped up in an accusation of 'troll'. Nice try my friend. I don't think pointing out the optimistic side of our win is trolling, you tell me otherwise. And stating I don't know you is quite simply ridiculous. Can people only post to your threads if they know you? You seem like a sensitive boy so I shall leave you to your self indulgent notes. Be good and be careful.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I certainly don't think that the tone or topic of your opening post marked you out as a moaner. Our increased use of the long ball this season is a valid discussion point however, coming hard on the heels of a great but lucky away win it was inevitable that it would provoke those who's opinions can only be coloured black or white.

Yea, BIG MISTAKE. Thanks! I could of chosen my timing a little better for sure.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Ah I get it, your whole post was wrapped up in an accusation of 'troll'. Nice try my friend. I don't think pointing out the optimistic side of our win is trolling, you tell me otherwise. And stating I don't know you is quite simply ridiculous. Can people only post to your threads if they know you? You seem like a sensitive boy so I shall leave you to your self indulgent notes. Be good and be careful.

Absolutely nothing of any substance to acknowledge in there. I think I'm done with you. Thanks for your intelligent contribution.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We've used them a few times this season, Bong played some into LuaLua at Ipswich.

I like that we aren't predictable for the opposition, we can use the ball and exploit our oppositions weaknesses in a variety of ways.
Loving this season!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We've used them a few times this season, Bong played some into LuaLua at Ipswich.

I like that we aren't predictable for the opposition, we can use the ball and exploit our oppositions weaknesses in a variety of ways.
Loving this season!

Careful on your opinions, I believe you have to know the OP first.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I think its a case of, if the opposition play high up the pitch, then Stockdale will always play the high ball over the top to Baldock, who has a good turn of pace.
Stockdales kicking is good and soon this season Baldock will get on the end of one and score.
Opposition defences are so used to us playing out from the back, IMHO, and watching Baldocks runs on the shoulder of the last defender, it is a very usefull tactic, and will soon
pay dividends.

Carry On Mr Hughton

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
There has to be a moaner, NSC would not be the same without one. As stated, 4 points clear, away win at Elland Road, but someone has to have a moan. It's brilliant really.

You have been moaning about people 'moaning' since half-time on four or five separate threads, that's more tedious than any of the 'moaning' on here.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I think its a case of, if the opposition play high up the pitch, then Stockdale will always play the high ball over the top to Baldock, who has a good turn of pace.
Stockdales kicking is good and soon this season Baldock will get on the end of one and score.
Opposition defences are so used to us playing out from the back, IMHO, and watching Baldocks runs on the shoulder of the last defender, it is a very usefull tactic, and will soon
pay dividends.

Carry On Mr Hughton

All interesting, valid points......but, haha...is it an effective tactic if we do it throughout the first 11 games of the season (admittedly, none of which we've lost) if we're still waiting for the moment 'this season Baldock will soon get on the end of one and score?'

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014

Loving this season!

Agree, I think it is a valid/effective tactic, as long as we begin employing the variety you speak of.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Childish idiot

I have to re-iterate this purely because you are trying to undermine a fellow poster that actually had valid points but thought you a thorough bore.

You are a moaner, we have a bad day and win, we go 4 points clear at the top of the Championship. You'll be in your element when we lose, it'll be how crap we are, I told you so, etc., etc. For now you are hanging on to 'bits' that you can pick on. Let me oppose your pessimism with optimism. We won, we went 4 clear. We showed resolve during a bad performance. We beat Leeds away from home. We have strength in depth. Our long ball/clearances weren't affective. Our ability to win games is refreshing. Dale Stephens should give up corners. That is not a criticism, just an observation. If you need more please ask me. But I can guarantee you I will be full of good stuff, not the usual droning of whining people with no straws to clutch.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I have to re-iterate this purely because you are trying to undermine a fellow poster that actually had valid points but thought you a thorough bore.
you were held back at school weren't you...you have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say, so what hope have any of us got? What is your point?! wally

if english isn't your first language then i apologise and commend your effort

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here