Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Those flame throwers.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Agree with you . I too was in the front row and the heat was immense - like opening an oven door when it’s on full heat . The hot weather didn’t help but it really is unnecessary to use them - certainly didn’t inspire the hone teams performance

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Damn near singed me eyebrows.

Uncle_Leo_-_eyebrows.jpg

May 1, 2023
Prefer the flamethrowers at the Amex to the Fireworks.

Yes, we feel the heat in the front row but the fireworks scared the 5 year old last week and took about 10 minutes to recover. Our 9 year old would be even worse affected by the bangs going off.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
At what point do they become dangerous? I was front row at Wolves and many were covering our faces from the heat. Surely they have to be banned as they just get bigger each week.
You’ll be saying it was bloody lovely when we get them away in the cup in January.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We can feel the heat from the East Stand flame burners, in the North Stand. Seeing the seagulls perched on the arches at a lot of games, I’m just waiting for the first roast seagull to drop out of the sky.

Usually I'd be on the side of the seagulls but this time I've got retribution on my mind. Was in Bath on holiday this week and a seagull swooped and nicked half my newly purchased hotdog and whacked my ear in the process.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Premier League teams: anyone bringing pyro in to games and setting it off will be banned for life.

Also Premier League teams: let’s inspire our players with some massive f**k off pre match pyro.

:rolleyes:
Well, that is pretty logical tbf. When I go to a fireworks display I quite like the organizers to sort out the fireworks. I would be less keen on leaving it to spotty, brainless, teenage oiks. Just a personal opinion and I don’t care one way or another about the Wolves flame thingy. I did that year we went there in a heat wave.

May 1, 2023
Usually I'd be on the side of the seagulls but this time I've got retribution on my mind. Was in Bath on holiday this week and a seagull swooped and nicked half my newly purchased hotdog and whacked my ear in the process.
Once I went for lunch in town (think it was Kokoro) then picked up a chocolate bar and a doughnut from Tesco by the library.

As I was eating the doughnut a seagull swooped down and took it.

I assumed it was a higher power somewhere saying "stop being greedy, you fat f**k"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here