Thorton on trial at Port Vale

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
Yep Kevin Thorton is on trial at Port Vale. Scored in the pre season friendly against Stafford Rangers. He should be amazing at that level, although I'm not sure he will be.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Never heard of him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, there are few players more accomplished at collecting splinters on the bench.
Adams must like his aftershave or something.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Micky really seeming to be running on empty, ideas-wise. Did he lose his contacts book or something? :lol:

did he ever have a contacts book?!

he has been f***ed ever since his golden generation got too old

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
did he ever have a contacts book?!

he has been f***ed ever since his golden generation got too old

I hate to say it (I always liked Adams...), but I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Erm, no. Thornton is a fairly decent player individually, he's just rubbish when part of an actual team. He strikes me as a man after my own heart, looks flash during the warm up and then can't reproduce during an actual match. I thought nothing of him whatsoever, if he can get Port Vale to sign him then he's done well.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He'd tear up League Two. Geoff Horsfield is a bit of a coup as well I think.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
IF (and I know it's a big if) he's fit and firing, he will absolutely TEAR UP League Two. I thought talent-wise he was one of our best players last season.

Him vs. Cheltenham at Withdean was one of the best single performances by a Brighton player all season.

If he plays at even 30% potential he will be a fantastic signing for Micky.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
yet another player adams didnt really play last season he has at vale

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Perhaps he's like Jacky Charlton, shit at remembering his own players names, so once he has, he has to take them where ever he goes, irrespective of the fact they aren't any good

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Isn't Thornton another of those dancing players whose runs are spoilt by their dozy team mates who react too slowly to their individual brilliance?
Too good for BHA: far too good for PVale.
He is what I would call a creative midfielder.
:jester:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I suppose that puts to bed the collective wisdom of NSC who suggested that Mickey Adams had no time for thornton.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Micky trying the old "signing players I've worked with before" trick. Have we seen that anywhere before?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports