Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thomas Tuchel to leave Bayern at the end of the season

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Really interested to see how Xabi Alonso will decide if both Bayern and Liverpool made him their first target. Either way, I'm just happy he won't go to Madrid.

also, expect a lot of Tuchel to Barca rumours in coming days/weeks.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Is there a specific reason why so many managerial departures being announced early this season – and if so, what is it? The odd big name, Fergie, for example, has gone public before, but I certainly cant remember it happing in Jan/Feb much.
Lots of the Munich team dislike him, I imagine it's to appease them and stop them looking to leave.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I love RDZ, and think he is becoming an Albion legend, but he has not actually won any major trophies yet, and our league form has been somewhat erratic (mainly due to a spate of injuries to key players) this season so far, so I would be surprised if he was poached by a team of the calibre of Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Liverpool.

RDZ has the potential to become a great, word-class, manager in the next 5 years, but I don't think he is there yet, and so would be a huge risk for any of the clubs he is currently being linked with. Look what happened to his predecessor :whistle:
This. The idea that a top-top club (channeling the Redknapps, there) would come in for a manager who has won f*** all is typical Albion fan delusions of grandeur. After the Potter-to-Chelsea fiasco, the likelihood of an RDZ steal is even less. If RDZ goes anywhere in the summer . . . . it has Everton and Wet Sham written all over it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's not a given, for all the speculation, a bigger club has got to make a formal approach and it will still be a gamble.

I'd think one of the major deciding factors for RDZ will be if we have europe or not next season, which gives even more importance to our FA cup and EL campaigns this season.
I think one of the big things we have in our favour is the reputation as tough negotiators. With Potter we had a clause in his contract which means that we wouldn't just roll over and have our tummies tickles by Chelsea.

I claim no knowledge of the workings of RDZ's contract, but given the circumstances surrounding the Brighton vacancy arising, I find it inconceivable that we didn’t push hard to insert a similar clause.

So he might leave for a Munich, or a Milan or a Barca, but they will have to pay handsomely, which may well put them off

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I love RDZ, and think he is becoming an Albion legend, but he has not actually won any major trophies yet, and our league form has been somewhat erratic (mainly due to a spate of injuries to key players) this season so far, so I would be surprised if he was poached by a team of the calibre of Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Liverpool.

RDZ has the potential to become a great, word-class, manager in the next 5 years, but I don't think he is there yet, and so would be a huge risk for any of the clubs he is currently being linked with. Look what happened to his predecessor :whistle:
The thing is with Barca, as great and massive a club as they undoubtedly are, their finances mean they're not necessarily in a position to pick whoever they want as it is going to be tough job for anyone. High expectations yet with no budget and selling off their experienced stars just to make ends meet and build a team with hugely talented kids. That to me actually makes it quite a good fit for RDZ though, I could see him feeling quite attracted to that.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The thing is with Barca, as great and massive a club as they undoubtedly are, their finances mean they're not necessarily in a position to pick whoever they want as it is going to be tough job for anyone. High expectations yet with no budget and selling off their experienced stars just to make ends meet and build a team with hugely talented kids. That to me actually makes it quite a good fit for RDZ though, I could see him feeling quite attracted to that.
Then he might as well stay with us for another year or two :thumbsup:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bayern have won the league for the last ten years. Leverkusen have never won it.
I don't think Alonso leaving is a given at all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Lots of the Munich team dislike him, I imagine it's to appease them and stop them looking to leave.
But what about Klopp, Xavi and Emma Hayes? They don't seem to be universally disliked – quite possibly the opposite!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there a specific reason why so many managerial departures being announced early this season – and if so, what is it? The odd big name, Fergie, for example, has gone public before, but I certainly cant remember it happing in Jan/Feb much.
Entourage.

Esp in Klipperty's case there's going to be a bus load of 'backroom staff' who are going to be looking for jobs.

I guess once that decision was announced nobody wants to be last club standing when the procession begins.

Plus I'd imagine in announcing Tuchel they're also saying 'suck it up fans he'll be gone soon enough, so let's get Hazza that runners up medal together'.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just for old times' sake: Gus to Bayern Munich :moo:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Entourage.

Esp in Klipperty's case there's going to be a bus load of 'backroom staff' who are going to be looking for jobs.

I guess once that decision was announced nobody wants to be last club standing when the procession begins.

Plus I'd imagine in announcing Tuchel they're also saying 'suck it up fans he'll be gone soon enough, so let's get Hazza that runners up medal together'.
Yeah, but why is that different now than, say last season, or the one before?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, but why is that different now than, say last season, or the one before?
Once Klipperty announced, for the sake of his staff who'll be out of work, I guess the pretense is over.
Beyond that I don't have a Scooby.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But what about Klopp, Xavi and Emma Hayes? They don't seem to be universally disliked – quite possibly the opposite!
Tuchel is a mutual thing, the others seem to be them leaving under their own steam.

I also wonder if it's Tuchel being clever? He announces he's leaving now means if Munich sack him it's a bigger pay out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here