Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thomas Tuchel to leave Bayern at the end of the season

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
Hang on. Surely Potter is in with a chance of the top jobs before our Roberto?🤣🤣
That made me think!

We obviously have list of potential replacements for each role including manager.

Is there any chance Potter is on that list (even if further down) and if so, do you think anyone keeps in touch in case the opportunity comes up.

I wouldn’t want him back, but curious if his name appears on any of our lists these days as I imagine he does with other clubs.

Who knows who will go where in the summer. Roberto will leave if we don't qualify for Europe and possibly if we qualify by winning a cup as he'll win more kudos by doing that with the overall picture regarding the injuries we've had throughout the season. I would like to think(if we win either FA cup or Europa League that he'll think he can still take us further with Blooms backing for next season. I don't know Roberto but get the impression that he won't simply jump ship for the money ie Potter!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, but why is that different now than, say last season, or the one before?
Re Munich, Archie Rind-Tutt suggested it might be a case of, Munich usually binning off managers and the players 'getting away with it', so this time the message is, 'you lot need to make it work or you're all going to take some blame'.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I believe RDZ’s son is studying in London. I would be interested to know how much longer his son is due to stay.
Players have joined the Albion because of RDZ, so I think he will have an emotional tie to them and the club, I don’t expect it to be a given that he will depart this summer. Hasn’t he said somewhere that he will probably head somewhere warmer at the end of his contract which I think finishes after the 24/25 season.
If we can qualify for Europe again next season there could well be a good chance he stays for one more season.

In other news I reckon Potter is likely to end up at West Ham, but if Alonso departs Bayer Leverkusen I think Potter would be a good fit there (although not great for his exam taking kids).

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
But why announce it NOW, as opposed to at the end of the season?

Probably to ease the pressure on themselves and their teams for rest of the season. Bayern and Barca are in similar situations although I think Bayern can still win the BL. Hopefully Leverkusen won't bottle it but I don't trust any German team until proven otherwise.

There is a difference though. Tuchel got sacked while OTOH it was Xavi's own decision to leave. Laporta and Deco wanted to keep him.

Don't know the Bayern situation well but looks obvious Tuchel lost the locker room there. His relationship with Kimmich is broken for months as Tuchel wanted to replace him. Latest episode was last week when Kimmich got into a public disagreement with one of Tuchel's assistants. Pretty sure most of longterm Bayern players like Neuer and Muller were taking Kimmich's side so was impossible for Tuchel to continue.

Xavi apparently already decided to leave after Super Cup loss vs Madrid but announced his decision two weeks later after that brutal home loss to Villarreal. Looked like a rushed decision at that time but he said some time ago he'll leave when he'll feel it's time for a change.

That said he still has support of the players, board and most local media weren't too harsh on him either. At least not compared to what treatment any foreign manager would get in his situation. Even another club legend like Koeman who was never on the media's good side. Xavi started to lose fans support too and he's smart enough to know you can't succeed without the fans so was better for him to leave.

I think he'll want to return one day when Barca will hopefully be in a better situation and Xavi alone will also improve as a manager. I think he has traits to be a good one but just wasn't ready. Strangely what let him down was tactical ineptitude which is surprising given he was one of the most intelligent players I've seen.

Will need to rebuild his career starting at a smaller club (hopefully he'll stay in Europe and won't return to Qatar or go to SA where he can't really learn anything as a coach) but wouldn't put him in the same basket with former great players who have more or less flopped as managers - Lampard, Pirlo, Gattuso, OGS, Henry and Gary Neville (he's by far the worst manager I've ever seen, lol). I reserve the right to change my mind within a year or two though. :ROFLMAO:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I believe RDZ’s son is studying in London. I would be interested to know how much longer his son is due to stay.
Players have joined the Albion because of RDZ, so I think he will have an emotional tie to them and the club, I don’t expect it to be a given that he will depart this summer. Hasn’t he said somewhere that he will probably head somewhere warmer at the end of his contract which I think finishes after the 24/25 season.
If we can qualify for Europe again next season there could well be a good chance he stays for one more season.

In other news I reckon Potter is likely to end up at West Ham, but if Alonso departs Bayer Leverkusen I think Potter would be a good fit there (although not great for his exam taking kids).
RDZ daughter is studying in London, with one year left after this one.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Bayer Leverkusen are 13 points ahead, as Bayern lose at home to Dortmund.

In a usually one horse race, Tuchel’s come out of this as rubbish.

Tuchel wouldn't won Bundesliga last season either if not for Dortmund doing what they do the best.

But tbf Bayern actually has two points more than they've had at same time last season. It's just that Leverkusen are relentless and already have more points than Bayern and Dortmund had at the end of last season with 7 games left. Could still beat highest number of points (91, Bayern 2012-13) as well and finish the season unbeaten. Would expect them to lose a game or two after they'll clinch the title though especially considering they will probably focus more on Europa League.

Anyway, this is a historic season for Leverkusen and while Bayern is far from their best I will give all the credit to Xabi Alonso and his players.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just spotted that Leverkusen are 16 points ahead. Wow, Xabi’s done an incredible job.
And in the Pokal final as well (the German fa cup). They play Keiserslauten of div2 so have a good chance of the double.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably to ease the pressure on themselves and their teams for rest of the season. Bayern and Barca are in similar situations although I think Bayern can still win the BL. Hopefully Leverkusen won't bottle it but I don't trust any German team until proven otherwise.

There is a difference though. Tuchel got sacked while OTOH it was Xavi's own decision to leave. Laporta and Deco wanted to keep him.

Don't know the Bayern situation well but looks obvious Tuchel lost the locker room there. His relationship with Kimmich is broken for months as Tuchel wanted to replace him. Latest episode was last week when Kimmich got into a public disagreement with one of Tuchel's assistants. Pretty sure most of longterm Bayern players like Neuer and Muller were taking Kimmich's side so was impossible for Tuchel to continue.

Xavi apparently already decided to leave after Super Cup loss vs Madrid but announced his decision two weeks later after that brutal home loss to Villarreal. Looked like a rushed decision at that time but he said some time ago he'll leave when he'll feel it's time for a change.

That said he still has support of the players, board and most local media weren't too harsh on him either. At least not compared to what treatment any foreign manager would get in his situation. Even another club legend like Koeman who was never on the media's good side. Xavi started to lose fans support too and he's smart enough to know you can't succeed without the fans so was better for him to leave.

I think he'll want to return one day when Barca will hopefully be in a better situation and Xavi alone will also improve as a manager. I think he has traits to be a good one but just wasn't ready. Strangely what let him down was tactical ineptitude which is surprising given he was one of the most intelligent players I've seen.

Will need to rebuild his career starting at a smaller club (hopefully he'll stay in Europe and won't return to Qatar or go to SA where he can't really learn anything as a coach) but wouldn't put him in the same basket with former great players who have more or less flopped as managers - Lampard, Pirlo, Gattuso, OGS, Henry and Gary Neville (he's by far the worst manager I've ever seen, lol). I reserve the right to change my mind within a year or two though. :ROFLMAO:
I am pretty sure every single person in the world would take Kimmich's side over Tuchel. Tuchel seemed a bizarre choice at the time, he's just not the right personality for the job, and it has been proven so.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
1712825810125.png

If they win can we get a congratulation banner put up in the North stand on the next home game? Like they did for us when we were promoted to the Premier League

1712825637155.png

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Various sources in the German media seem to be claiming that a deal for RDZ is essentially all but done.
Yes, I’ve seen some. Bookies also seem to think it’s a done deal.
Hard to turn down a job like that. Champions League football and allegedly a big pay rise.
They will also pay the €15m release clause.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
And in the Pokal final as well (the German fa cup). They play Keiserslauten of div2 so have a good chance of the double.
Just to add, they're also unbeaten in ALL competitions this season (and still in the Europa League). They've won thirty-six matches out of a possible 41 which is absolutely insane. If they win 5 and draw 1 of their last 6, they beat the record points total of 91. It really is an astonishing season they're having.

1712825610599.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here