Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Kuszczak in the DM today

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
You can't knock his self-belief, and picking up on some of the wording of his comments, like the 'good crowds' one, is pretty pointless considering English isn't his first language (albeit his, as with most Poles, is pretty decent - but things do still get a bit skewed in 'translation'). Whether he is good enough for the Prem, I'm not so sure. Agree with those who have pointed to some of the soft goals he's let in for us in between the great saves. Not consistent enough imho for another step up, but who knows.

Dec 29, 2011
Butland? Not a chance we'd get him permanently, cost £3.5m a few months ago. Maybe on loan, but that wouldn't be a huge coup.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I sense his feelings are similar to Matt Upson & Bridders..and probably Ulloa, if he was asked. That doesn't really surprise me. They're all players who could still make it in the Prem I think. Let's hope it's with us.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I totally agree that managers like having players they know. However, I also think it would be a dangerous game for Gus to pack his Sunderland side with several of our players. Imagine if the boot was on the other foot and we'd taken a manager from a club that finished fourth in the division below us last season (that was YEOVIL, for the purpose of comparison). Would we, as BHAFC fans, be impressed if our new manager's first plan was simply to sign a bunch of Yeovil players? I know I wouldn't be. As much as we think highly of Kuszczak, Bridcutt, Ulloa etc, the Sunderland fans will be right on Gus' back if he signs Championship players and they continue to struggle. I just reckon Gus needs proven EPL quality in his situation, not Championship gambles and the threat of being accused of lacking ideas by going back for all his old Brighton mates.
Nearly posted something very similar the other day, but didn't. You put it better than I would have done. Whenever fans get all anxious over ex-managers coming back to 'raid' their club for all their best players, it rarely pans out that way. Gus is now in a position to be bolstering his side with better players than we have.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
for some reason he appears to think playing in the champions league has more prestige than Yeovil away.

oh well, I like him ........... AND he likes boxing

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Nothing to see - move on -
next !!!!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't know why PIG wastes his time giving these interviews. If he wants a move then shut the fvck up and let his agent handle it, otherwise carry on beating the likes of Leicester and Boro and see where it takes you.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"I'd love to get there with Brighton & that's the aim"

"I'm here and I'm fully committed to the club"

Can't help feeling there's some selective reading going on from some posters. What's he supposed to say? "No, my ambition to play at the highest level disappeared years ago?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Think people are overreacting. Media will always want to ask our players about Gus and not a lot of Oscar, not yet anyway! They're heavily edited articles so would be interesting what the WHOLE article looked liked!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know why PIG wastes his time giving these interviews. If he wants a move then shut the fvck up and let his agent handle it, otherwise carry on beating the likes of Leicester and Boro and see where it takes you.

I believe they're obliged to do press interviews.

Think people are overreacting. Media will always want to ask our players about Gus and not a lot of Oscar, not yet anyway! They're heavily edited articles so would be interesting what the WHOLE article looked liked!

Media using selective quotes or whoring oneself? It depends if the fans like the person concerned.
There have been a couple of interviews with Tomasz in the Argus where he said he really wanted to sign a new contract with Brighton and then more recently which seemed to be a shop window type. It's agents who manipulate the situations so they get maximum rewards. The club have already said they won't deal with contracts until the end of the season, but I'm not so sure that is a good plan. I know we want to know which division we will be in, but there are several players who would be capable of playing in the Prem who should be signing new contracts very soon or we'll lose them for nothing. Signing a contract doesn't guarantee that player won't go, but at least we get something for them.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
So..... putting himself in the shop window for a January move to Sunderland? Or happy to end the season here before moving back up? For certain he wont be with us next season unless we get promotion so who might be his replacement as number one keeper? My choice would be young Jack Butland (Stoke stiffs and Barnsley loanee). Excellent keeper.

Not sure if all the stick we gave him, and the banter he gave back would be a positive or a negative thing haha

BEN12360

Dec 30, 2012
Hope we keep him at the end of the season, but fear we may loose him if we dont make the PL juding by his ambitions

He wants out I am afraid..............this article is a blatant message of " I am too good for here........I have played for Manchester United and I belong back at the top"

Fair play to the guy, it was a complete scoop to get him playing for us and we haven't gone up quickly enough for him and he wants to push on with his short career.

Thanks Big Tom

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here