Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
What is this ridiculously lazy thing that has appeared on this forum when people just type 'this' to agree with someone?

Really gets on my bloody nerves. It's like someone saying 'yeah that's a really good point, I was kind of thinking that somewhere but you said it first. I may as well lick your arse anyway whilst I'm here though'.

It sounds and looks shit. We can all work out for ourselves if we agree with a post, if you don't agree then maybe post a reply.

If anyone agrees with me and is thinking of typing it in some sort of ironic way, please don't.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
What is this ridiculously lazy thing that has appeared on this forum when people just type 'this' to agree with someone?

Really gets on my bloody nerves. It's like someone saying 'yeah that's a really good point, I was kind of thinking that somewhere but you said it first. I may as well lick your arse anyway whilst I'm here though'.

It sounds and looks shit. We can all work out for ourselves if we agree with a post, if you don't agree then maybe post a reply.

If anyone agrees with me and is thinking of typing it in some sort of ironic way, please don't.

This.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If you can't form and elucidate an opinion of your own the chances are you will struggle to write sentences too.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
I don't understand why people get upset about it to be honest. It's simple enough to just scroll past it and read the next post. It surely isn't worth getting angry about.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
On the other hand, when in coversation with someone, are you not allowed to say 'I agree' or sontinue with ' yes yes yes yes' whilst nodding?

Its just the same thing. nothing bloody wrong with it and quite frankly if this is even worth worring about then life is not all that bad.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
yeah but you would not say 'this' in real life.

"shall we nip out for a pint, i could murder one?"

"this."

its deranged even when done in an ironic way here. it makes smileys look cool and un-nerd like.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I don't understand why people get upset about it to be honest. It's simple enough to just scroll past it and read the next post. It surely isn't worth getting angry about.

exactly , of ALL the things to get angry about on NSC it seems the most mundane to me

a backing support in one short word takes what? about a second to scroll past.

the posts that make me cringe on this site are the ones where somebody has expressed an opinion and rather then explaining why they are wrong/ countering with their own opinion simply put this

":angry::tosser:"

now I think most people would expect this from the "younger" posters on the board but to be honest they (on the whole) are fantastic and keep the board going with some decent idea for threads - it's these f**king older "trolls" sort who spout spectacular crap on a constant basis (yeah I know the hypocrisy was not lost on me I assure you) and somehow get away with it.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Yeah I know it's inoffensive and yes of course you can just scroll past it, but it just smacks of somebody unable to post an opinion and on occasions sucking up to people.

If everyone posted 'this' or something similarly nondescript every time they saw something they didn't disagree with we would have millions of f***ing posts.

Or actually as it really is -'this', meaning "ooh I wish I'd thought to say that, aren't you clever?'.

That's how it comes across anyway, whether you meant that or not.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It is annoying,just like people saying 'Thread closed' when they think their post is all that counts.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It is annoying,just like people saying 'Thread closed' when they think their post is all that counts.
at least it's not THAT self-aggrandising.

It's superceded "is the correct answer", so it's not all bad. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here