Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This will not divide us. It must not divide us!!

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I have been slightly alarmed at some of the postings, but I suppose not particulalrly surprised regarding the announcement yesterday.

The idea that some have had in that this is an issue that will split people down the middle is ludicrous.

Opinions will differ on the real implications of the report and the re-opening of the inquiry but this is not an issue to be split over.

I was as annoyed as anyone by the coverage and camera shots of the South East News and Meridian coverage amking out that we were about to build Terminal three on top of the village of Dibley, but that is news. They have to have an angle.

News and some forms of journalism, (discounting that fecking shambles of an effort on SCR) will have different agendas and that was clear yesterday. Albion fans are not the only people who buy the Argus, or watch Meredian so they will pander to their opinions as well.

Local journalism is by its very nature, niddle of the road, weedy, spineless and non-committal. It is also amateur, poorly presented and usually ill-informed untill the big boys have got involved.

So yesterday, I was waiting for two things. Firstly I had a £30 bet with a mate that regardless of the decision, the first things on NSC would be dramtic stories of No, rejected, burn Falmer etc. Surprisingly that was what happened apart from the great help from Lord B I would add.

Secondly the noises coming from the club itself.

We have missed on real issue over the latter part of yesterday. We, as a club, are run by people who I fully believe have the best interests of this club at heart, but also understand the fans.

I felt that the statement from the club, who have had legal experts, planing experts at their side all the way through this. They have stated on television and in the media as a whole that this is "THE AMBER LIGHT FOR FALMER".

There were a thousand get outs for the club yesterday if they realsied that this was defeat in the offing. DK could have talked about, taking advice, or the fight is not over, or we will talk to our expoerts.

For Christs sake people, a man who has pumped huge amounts of his own money to keep this club af;oat is telling us that we have an AMBER light.

After everything we have suffered and enjoyed over the last few years I cannot belive, and refuse to accept that some people are wavering now. In any big moment of your lives there are times when you would rather pack up and go home. we never did. We shouted louder and fought harder, and kept the faith. We are one step away from our new stadium. Keep the faith and keep our heads.

We will achieve.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's not dividing us. It's just that some posters will be happy to rejoice cos it's not a 'NO' and some other posters wil be happy to rejoice when it's a 'YES'. Nobody's right, nobody's wrong, everybody wants the same thing.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Great post DT

Keep the faith

Gull Downunder

Jul 7, 2003
Melbourne
Was out of the office yesterday... timing!!!

Having spent the last hour reading various posts re Falmer and the implications I believe that this is the best decision for the club. Yes there will be a further delay until the first sod is turned but at the end of the day we will get our stadium. Whether it's Falmer or somewhere else doesn't particularly phase me just as long as we get it.

Those in the know and who understand the process indicate that it will be Falmer, so be it. As someone else said in another thread we're in the home straight. Just frustrating that we have to wait a few more months for the YES verdict.

What else can be said but keep the faith and be patient. We will have our day. All in all this is a big step in the right direction. :bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here